Overdosing our babies

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
There are 2? exemptions you can fill out. Philosophical and religious for sure.
Private schools maintain the right to refuse them, but public must accept them.
Some states require that you gain approval by "proving" yourself.
Religious exemptions are the hardest to prove. It is illegal to require that you reveal the full reason, even though "they" do their best to intrude.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
pro vaccinate person here

my kid had all the shots but they were spaced out. she sure didn't get 13 at one time at all...no problems at all.

Our7Wonders

Power Conserver
Reaction score
We do homeschool, but if we were to enroll the kids in public school we would have to sign a waiver. In WA state it is still (at least at this point) our right to chose not to vaccinate and be able to enroll in daycare and/or the public schools. Who knows how much longer we'll be able to do that though.

It hasn't ever been an issue for us since we homeschool. It's interesting to me that it's in public schools where there's nearly a 100% vaccination rate that you find the biggest outbreak of illnesses.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The makers of that video have a definite agenda. To anyone making decisions about a child's health care, please please please do appropriate research.

Both my Dad and his mom had polio, my Dad had it twice. His right foot is still partially paralysed and he was very fortunate to not have died during his first bout with infantile paralysis.

I had measles and rubella prior to my first birthday, both could have killed me.

I believe that vaccinations save lives. I also believe that it is up to parents to do real research in order to decide for themselves what is right for their children. It is important to me that all of our children are safe from horrible diseases that can and do maim and kill. I believe many parents have made poorly thought out decisions that will bring and have already brought these diseases back to North America--check the stats.

My kids have had just about every vaccination that was on the schedule. And I personally checked that there was no thimerosol in any of the vaccines they had.

They have not had everything that was recommended however--we have said and will continue to say no to any and all flu shots including H1N1 (we all actually had H1N1 just as it was announced that it had come back to Canada with tourists who had been to Mexico so no point in getting the shots anyway, even though we don't believe in getting flu shots), we said no to the chicken pox vaccine (came out after my kids had the disease anyway, although we wouldn't have done it regardless), and we also said no to Gardasil this year (grade 9) and will say no when our younger daughter is in grade 9 next year.

My girls have both had Penta (Diphtheria, tetanus, acellular pertussis, polio, haemophilus influenza type b) at 2, 4, 6 and 18 months.

They both had MMR at 18 months and 5 years.

They had Hep B in grade 5 (age 10).

My oldest has had DTap (Diphtheria, tetanus, acellular pertussis) in grade 9 (age 14), youngest will have this next year.

Both had appropriate Meningococcal vaccines at age 4/5 and this year (ages 13/14) due to local outbreaks.

I definitely don't count 38 vaccinations by age 2 in that schedule (I count Penta as 5, administered as one shot on 3 separate occasions prior to 2nd birthday; and MMR as 3, administered as one shot once prior to 2nd birthday--the most one could count is 18, despite the fact that there are actually only 4 shots given and a total of 8 medications involved). What else is recommended in the US?

My girls are both healthy children, neither has ever had an illness that required anti-biotics in her life other than my youngest's bout with bacterial pneumonia when she was 6 that nearly killed her. Three intravenous injections at the Children's Hospital took the infection down rapidly, followed by a week of amoxicillan.

None of us ever has more than 3 to 6 respiratory infections (colds) per year since I or hubbie can remember and since my kids were born for sure, my husband had a severe sinus infection about 16 years ago that required anti-biotics (his pain was so bad that the doctor ran tests to check for brain aneurysm etc.) and I have had the all-out knock a person right down flu twice in addition to all of us having H1N1 a couple of years ago.

On top of it all, both hubbie and I were exclusively formula-fed as infants, and my oldest had difficultly nursing so received quite her share of formula as an infant as well. (If we'd like to bring that particular variable into a discussion of the immune system.)

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
agenda or not, that does not change the ingredient list, and the proven toxicity of them.

Well over half our church has never been vaccinated. Most have had the measles, and none had any real problems with it.

I want to know why those that vaccinate are so worried about those that do not.
Even to the point of avoiding them at all cost.
Do they believe in the vaccines, or not?

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hey BB :)

I say this with all kindness, but it is best to personally read the actual ingredient list on the box from which the vials are actually taken, or the larger lot box from which that box is taken, than to rely on an internet video.

I can't personally answer your questions about why people would avoid non-vaccinated kids because I don't do this and don't know why anyone would.

I only know, from my family's personal experience, how some of these diseases affect a family. The fear my Dad has of polio keeps him vigilant that his kids and grandkids stay safe and up to date on oral polio vaccines. And my Mom has often mentioned how the diseases I had as an infant caused her fear that I would die.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
moolie said:
Hey BB :)

I say this with all kindness, but it is best to personally read the actual ingredient list on the box from which the vials are actually taken, or the larger lot box from which that box is taken, than to rely on an internet video.

I can't personally answer your questions about why people would avoid non-vaccinated kids because I don't do this and don't know why anyone would.

I only know, from my family's personal experience, how some of these diseases affect a family. The fear my Dad has of polio keeps him vigilant that his kids and grandkids stay safe and up to date on oral polio vaccines. And my Mom has often mentioned how the diseases I had as an infant caused her fear that I would die.
I am not relying on an internet video ;)
And even if I were, it does not change the ingredients.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Curious which ingredients bother you? It's been a while since I dealt with infant vaccines and although I did my reading up back then there is much that I have forgotten.