Painting cabinets in a trailer/mobile home...

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
moxies_chickennuggets said:
Beekissed said:
I LOVE Kilz! I particularly love their high gloss bright white paint to use on ceilings.
Meee too!! I bought my first can back in 85....when we had our mobile home. I was so sick of brown...paneling, carpet, everything. At least, I could paint the walls.
TR and I bought some KILZ this past summer to paint a ceiling of old tiles that were smoke and water stained. The oil base KILZ is no longer available here. The new stuff doesn't cover anything like the old KILZ! It took 4 coats to do the same job as 1 coat of the old oil-based KILZ.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I agree! The only type of KILZ I've found that has anything comparable in coverage to the oil base is using the high gloss KILZ. Even then it isn't like the old oil based.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I know I had to hunt far and wide to find the oil based kilz. Some projects just need it. Here is a pic of our sorry one bathroom. All we could do for now was Kilz it, clean it up with TSP, and put in a new wall and tub surround.

3884_dsc00470.jpg

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
OSB...believe it or not. And the color, is either cigar smoke..or sprayed on stain. They had stained everything brown.....cabinet, walls, window sills...yuk :sick

And..this was..of our 2 bathrooms on the property...the only usable one. I ook pictures...because NOBODY would have believed us on the amount of work it took to bring the place up to sub-standard. :th

3884_dsc00157.jpg

Latest posts