1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official SS Poll: What do you do to eliminate bills / cut down expenses?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Support for Sumi - The Supporting Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. SS Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Pallet boards

Discussion in 'Trash To Treasure - Joys Of Recycling' started by the funny farm6, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Aug 13, 2018
    the funny farm6

the funny farm6 Almost Self-Reliant

We just found a pallet company not too far from us where we can get pallets loaded with their scrap. The one we got today was loaded about 4 ft high with boards that are half inch by 4 inch wide. 2-3 foot long. I am going to use a lot of them for building rabbit and chicken pens. But could use ideas for other uses for them. We can also get 2x4 about the same length. No nails so we can use the scrap for kindling.

2. Aug 13, 2018
    the funny farm6

the funny farm6 Almost Self-Reliant

3. Aug 13, 2018
    milkmansdaughter

milkmansdaughter Super Self-Sufficient

Woohoo! What a jackpot! @Beekissed built a really cute playhouse with pallets, and I built a fence to keep chickens out of my new flower garden. Those were built with pallets, but I'd think you could easily build a 2x4 frame, and just use the wood. That would be great wood for building a swing. And I used 1/2 a pallet nailed to a wall to keep shovels and hoes corralled neatly in one spot. And I could think of a lot of crafty stuff to do with kids if I had that kind of wood.

Beekissed likes this.
  4. Aug 14, 2018
    sumi

sumi Sustainability Master Administrator

Raised beds in the garden?