Pallet boards

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Pallets are the best. On a small scale, they're great for crafts! Larger scale? The possibilities are endless! They're great for firewood, nest boxes, raised beds as sumi said- you name it
Made a dog house out of it, My dog loves it. I painted it red and black. and since there's a lot of wood. I made it bigger than usual so he won't be cramped inside...

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We do the same. I've used pallets in so many ways here, so it's the gift that just keeps on giving. I'll be using some for walls on wood shed and sheep pen unless a better material becomes available.
I have a neighbour that knows a lot of carpentry... Initially, he made me a very beautiful dog house... and there's a lot of pallets left... so he made me a new birdhouse near a drinking fountain... thank you very much... :D:D:D

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What a score! I love working with pallets, the wood is light and easy enough for me to manoeuvre alone.

Raised beds in the garden?

This was my plan when I moved here, but so far I have only been able to get my hands on 2 :( So one is being used as low garden edging as I build the soil up, and the other might be for this idea-

I tacked a pallet to the wall, and use it to hold all of my shovels, rakes, and long handled tools corralled neatly.

What a great one, thanks for that :D

How can you tell if they are treated? I don't think the ones I have are, they are natural colour/smell and splintery.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@Daisy, In the US, if pallets are heat treated, you will find HT stamped on them somewhere. The stamp may be very light, but it will be there. I make it a point to never bring home a pallet unless it bears the HT stamp.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I guess my answer won't help you much, b/c you are not from around here! And, most likely, your pallets will be made from different wood than is used here. Perhaps you can ask at your local hardware/box store?

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
we ma
What a score! I love working with pallets, the wood is light and easy enough for me to manoeuvre alone.

This was my plan when I moved here, but so far I have only been able to get my hands on 2 :( So one is being used as low garden edging as I build the soil up, and the other might be for this idea-

How can you tell if they are treated? I don't think the ones I have are, they are natural colour/smell and splintery.
we made a hanging cabinet using pallets. its a great addition in my kitchen. and its very easy to clean and paint. I love our new cabinet.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
we ma

we made a hanging cabinet using pallets. its a great addition in my kitchen. and its very easy to clean and paint. I love our new cabinet.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We just found a pallet company not too far from us where we can get pallets loaded with their scrap. The one we got today was loaded about 4 ft high with boards that are half inch by 4 inch wide. 2-3 foot long. I am going to use a lot of them for building rabbit and chicken pens. But could use ideas for other uses for them. We can also get 2x4 about the same length. No nails so we can use the scrap for kindling.
[/QUOTE
can you guys share some more Ideas for pallets? I really have a lot of spare pallets that we can alter to create a lot of useful stuff..

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We just found a pallet company not too far from us where we can get pallets loaded with their scrap. The one we got today was loaded about 4 ft high with boards that are half inch by 4 inch wide. 2-3 foot long. I am going to use a lot of them for building rabbit and chicken pens. But could use ideas for other uses for them. We can also get 2x4 about the same length. No nails so we can use the scrap for kindling.
Standing Garden, guy. Because of the space between each slat, it's easy to pack plants to make a beautiful standing greenhouse, a coffee table, a book shelf or a toy bin, a shoe organizer, a swing, a wine bar, a pallet lamp, a pallet pathway.

Latest posts