Pallet projects and inventions

sahepp

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Pallets are fantastic. We have made a wine rack, a wood store, fencing and the base for our chichekn coop with pallets. Luckily in Alberta lots of people are giving them away, in condition too

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I like that last one the best and just may steal that design/idea. I'd like to use it for an annual flower planter for spring and summer, then grow through some deer netting for the fall to raise some cool weather greens. Then I'd place that in my coop for the chooks to snack from and see how long it kept growing back after being grazed.
I am absolutely going to steal that last one for growing strawberries in my (future) greenhouse/polytunnel. I'm thinking space saving here… Plus it would be easy to find and get to the fruit, keep them off the soil, etc?

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
10945737_796375250433445_7245342150600878558_n.jpg

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I posted this a couple years ago on an earlier pallet thread. It's entertaining, and I think informative, too...

I realize the images go by quickly, BUT if you're watching the Youtube vid, you have an option to use the pause function, at the bottom of the video view window. It has this symbol ||
(You just click on that symbol and the video stops so you can look closely - then if you want to resume the video, you click the arrow-point (start) symbol and the vid continues again.)

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's impressive! A LOT of pallets & work but if pallets free it is also cost effective. There are many locations around my area that have pallets to give away since so much product has to be shipped to them -- distribution centers & raw material for production sites. I could get almost all I would ever want but they would just stack up unless I had a project for them :cool:

Maybe I could get you to loan your DH out!? :lol:

Dianna Starr

Power Conserver
Reaction score
i love these ideas:celebrate especially the herb one that has the black board paint on it:woot so the names are written below the plants that is just fantastic 10 stars for that idea :clap :thumbsup

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
These were shared on Facebook.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's been so hard for me to get pallets here. EVERYONE uses them here so they go fast. It's very wet so they are used to keep stuff off the ground as well as building and firewood.

I'd build a few things with them if I ever got enough. I still don't have enough to keep all our firewood off the ground.