Pallets??

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
:welcome Please, tell us more about yourself and your yurt.

ThrottleJockey

Power Conserver
Reaction score
suzysuvivor said:
you can google 70+ diy pallet ideas or just go to pinterest...there are tons of ideas.

i intend to make a lot of the furniture for our new yurt from pallets...why pay more than you have to?? and it keeps them from the landfill/sky as smoke.
I like the furniture idea, but old pallets rarely end up in a landfill or burned, they most often are repaired and resold or ground into mulch and oatmeal wood...When they are burned it is usually in someones garage to provide heat for the workshop so even then I don't mind.

barefootfarmer

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I just made a pallet coffee table for our backyard. Ill post some pics soon!

I have a slight advantage...I work for a pallet company:lol:

Cindlady2

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
barefootfarmer said:
I just made a pallet coffee table for our backyard. Ill post some pics soon!

I have a slight advantage...I work for a pallet company:lol:
OH...so you get the GOOD ones!!!!
I noticed in the ones we get there is at least 7 kinds. (Hubby works for a restaurant supply warehouse and gets them there) We also get scrap wood to burn from a place that I think recycles them. (hubby picks it up) And I noticed 1 place is making them with pressed wood spacers. This is a good thing/bad thing sort of thing.... it's great that they are probably made of recycled wood, bad thing is I haven't found much to do with afterwards. Can 't burn them for heat :idunno I used some with the chickens to raise food and water dishes. That' s it so far, and we have a couple hundred!

Anyway, I was wondering how many types your co. makes? I would think now days you would need to make more than one type.

BACOG

Power Conserver
Reaction score
PatchofHeavenFarm said:
We get lots and lots of pallets and I have been trying to find some good ways to recycle them! Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
I use them for target frames. When it gets shot up burn it & get another one. They also can be used for fencing for smaller animals.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Do you have the pics on your computer? If so, you can direct post them to here. Click on uploads, then browse, find the pics you want to post, and click on them, then hit submit. Once it's uploaded, you can copy the link and then paste it. Hope that makes sense!

FranklinStreetWest

Power Conserver
Reaction score
There are some simply amazing things that are done with pallets. I've been saving some lovely, heavy, oak board pallets for some future project....likely furniture. I saw a guy that built a micro house out of them, vertical gardens, stadium-style seating with posh cushions in a swank home theater, country table.... imagination is the only limitation! Can't wait to see what you do with your pallets!! Please post pictures.