Pallets??

Strysa

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Dawn419 said:
A Neat Use For Pallets

Been thinking about incorporating this idea around the outside area of our fire pit area as a windbreak.

We also plan on repurposing pallets as raised bed gardens since our "soil" is so rocky here.
I just wanted to add something to this post. I did this with my strawberries this year. The only thing I recommend is that if you can let them lay flat for a week or two before hanging it. It gives the roots a chance to really hang on. The first one I made I just hung straight up and they didn't do half as well as the second set which I let sit for almost 2 full weeks. Love them though. And they are up high enough that the critters can't get to them.

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
4407_small_pallet_steps_img.jpg

Here is the page showing (at larger scale) these steps built with pallets:
http://www.dumpaday.com/random-pictures/amazing-uses-for-old-pallets-38-pics/
(Go down the page about halfway to see the big pic of it.)

Plus that page has a whole bunch of other pallet-based projects.

Mickey328

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Very clever, but wouldn't work for me...for SURE I'd catch a toe in the openings and fall right up the stairs! LOL

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'd be the same way, Mickey. I had this "talent" as a child to get almost to the top of the steps (up to the bedrooms) and proceed to fall right back down them. :gig

Mickey328

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Dawn419 said:
I'd be the same way, Mickey. I had this "talent" as a child to get almost to the top of the steps (up to the bedrooms) and proceed to fall right back down them. :gig
LOL, I rarely fall down stairs...I'm supremely talented...I fall UP them! At some point I just don't get my foot up high enough, catch my toe on the next step and fall forward. I blame it on them building stairs that are just too darned high for those of us who are...um...vertically challenged ;)

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I love pallets! We used some to build some goat hang out areas under the big hay shed. Others were used as a wind break for our Pekin Duck area. Our chicken coop is primarily pallets, with reclaimed siding from another building. I never got it painted... :/ One day.

We had a small area of fencing for our goats, built like the one in the video. Critters sure liked scratching against it, boy that thing is strong!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Nice! Very rustic looking.