PamsPride's Journal-Free Kindle Downloads!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
My mom WON!!! She won $187!!! WOOHOO MOM!!
My mom said the lady is second place lost 37.4 pounds...7.4 pounds this week and my mom lost 7.0 pounds this week....my mom lost 38.0 pounds total. But, because the other lady was already behind my mom and they go by percentage and the other lady weighed more to start that my mom was able to beat her by about a half of a percent. My mom lost over 15% and the other lady was at 14 and some percent.
I am so proud of my mom!! Even though I see her all the time I can definetly tell a difference in her!

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
:weee
Tell your mom I said Congrats. Whats she gonna do with all that money? I say go buy new clothes.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
2dream said:
:weee
Tell your mom I said Congrats. Whats she gonna do with all that money? I say go buy new clothes.
Mom says thank you!! (I am on the phone with her now!)
Yep, she is going to buy clothes and Christmas presents!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
that is so cool your mom lost and won that contest!
I know she feels so much better losing weight...I sure did. You don't know until you lose the weight. The difference is unreal. Not lugging fat around sure makes ones energy level skyrocket!

:clap

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
It has really brought new life to my mom! She has way more energy because she is exercising more and not sleeping as much during the day. She is more optimistic because she has something that she is proud of accomplishing and she is just plain excited about losing so much weight!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yup that is a big key side effect
the accomplishment of it...and it just jacks ya up and you feel great about yourself. Not alot of people can lose good weight and keep it off! So when you do it, you deserve to smile big time! :)

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
yup that is a big key side effect
the accomplishment of it...and it just jacks ya up and you feel great about yourself. Not alot of people can lose good weight and keep it off! So when you do it, you deserve to smile big time! :)
My mom signed up for the January weight loss contest too so that she can keep on track and not back slide and start gaining if she has accountability to loose more weight and keep this weight off. It is going to be a lot harder for her to pull of another big win though because I am sure there will be other people there that have more weight to loose and she just lost a bunch of weight so continuing that kind of weight loss is going to be tough.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Congratulations to your mom!!

I am not sure what my royal palms weigh. Everything I have read about them says the toms on average top out at 12-15 pounds, and I would say Lance is right around there somewhere. I mean, I can pick him up and hold him under my arm and not be struggling under his weight, unlike with the BBB and the Bourbon red, who both got bigger than 30# easy.

Gwen on the other hand is much smaller and feels lighter definitely! She is probably going somewhere between 10-12 pounds. They are definitely bigger than my chickens!

They are 7 months old right now. I'll see if I have some recent pics of them, and if I don't I'll take some pics today. Or try to. I like that they aren't huge turkeys. They are much easier to handle, and while Lance isn't fond of us or our attentions, Gwen loves a nice pat on the head. They should mature um ah...oh mating wise?...lol....in about 2 more months. I am hoping to see them "getting to it" and collecting some of her eggs for hatching. I will hopefully be able to let her go set and hatch her own clutch as well. I am hoping to have royal palm poults to sell this spring, as well as eggs. :)