PamsPride's Journal-Free Kindle Downloads!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Chloe was in heat this morning and the buck jumped right on that this morning!! He is a little shorter than her so I am not sure if he got the deed done or not! LOL! But she sure was flagging her tail right in his face big time!!! I am hoping!!! So far she is the first doe he has got.

I also get to work every single weekend in November!! YAY!! YAY!! YAY!!!! I worked 12 hours last weekend. I am getting 18 hours this weekend, 12 hours the next weekend, and then 36 Thanksgiving weekend!! WOOT!! This is at the security job!

My other job is working out better now! I am hoping to be able to pick up even more at home work as time goes on!

My new project: Fix up the house!! I would like to refinance the house in the next few months, hopefully right after Christmas. I want to get 12 DS's room repainted, which also means hiring a contractor from my church to come up and patch a hole in the wall and fill in the MILLION nicks and marks in the walls! I also want the closet door fixed/replaced in his room. The closet door has been fixed several times and the track has even been replaced once but it still just broke off! So I am hoping to fix it again.

Dining room and Kitchen: I want to tear out a center wall thing, replace all of the flooring, and repaint both rooms...walls and ceiling. The WHOLE kitchen and three windows in the kitchen really need to be replaced but that is just not in the budget.

Garage: I want to replace two windows in my garage...one with a new window and one with a steel door.

The front porch NEEDS redone too but again no money in the budget for that either.

I have to get a contractor to do all of the drywall fixing type work because DH will not do any of that type of stuff. So if I want it done that is what I am going to have to do. I am planning on me and my oldest laying the new flooring and me and my mom doing the painting.
Ahhh...so much to do!!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yay on the little goat buck!! I'm sure he managed.

You know a trip to the hardware store might work for fixing and painting your ds room. I have patched holes before. Not the easiest but do able. As for the nicks definitely something the kids can do. A bit of putty and sanding. Then primer and paint. Maybe with the right contractor you could have him teach at a lower price then finish the job your self. I think that's what the Duggars do. You know the family of 19. That man puts his kids to work all the time. :lol:

Pam with all of your new gusto I am sure the house will get done. Just take one small step at a time.

g

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
For the drywall stuff, we've done that ourselves as well but if you can't--do you have something like the "handyman connection" in your neck of the woods? They tend to be Grandpa types who have retired from construction or plumbing type work etc. that like to keep a hand in and make a few bucks. I hear they do good work, we're DIYers ourselves so no personal experience.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Welll...... :rolleyes:
It looks like all of my house change plans are totally on hold!! DH hit a deer this morning and totaled his car!! He had a 2000 Alero with 182K miles on it so we are not expecting to get much out of it. :( So we are either going to have a car payment or putting a major dent in our savings. (I was really hoping to not touch any of the savings because I (we) would be needing it in about 5 months.)
Pictures can be seen on my blog: http://pamspride.blogspot.com/2011/11/in-some-games-there-are-only-losers.html

I talked to a contractor from my church and he said he would charge me $20 an hour for whatever I needed done as far as drywall repair and window and door installation. I told him I wanted to get the door and window myself also. But, as I said that is all on hold now anyways.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Holy crap! what a mess!! and I can't believe she fit in the back of that car!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Sorry about car, Pam. I cracked a buck with my car on 422 west of 700 last week. Luckily, only relatively minor damage.

Did you keep the venison? Mine got away before the sheriff could get there :(

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
He put the deer in my van and we brought it home but then we decided that it was to busted up to process. The front and back legs were both broke and the back end had split and the insides were starting to come out. Bill will not process any meat and with the weather being so warm the neighbor that helped us last year did not have a cool place to hang it for a few days because he was busy and we figured we would not get enough good meat out of it to justify paying to have it processed. She was pretty beat up.