Pasty Pie

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
I worked all night sanding and painting and just got around to making supper, hot out of the oven and dropping chunks on the keyboard as I &6hrej5 type.
A simple thing to make and yet so tasty, but forgot the beans. I actually donated all my beans to the local food pantry as I couldn't bring myself to open nary a can.
I know I left out the rutabaga but had none on hand, they are hardly a staple around here and don't even know what one is.

pasty1a.jpg

pasty2a.jpg

pasty3a.jpg

pasty4a.jpg

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Pasties are my families Christmas Eve dinner always, and special treat throughout the year. My Grandma taught me how to make them, they are a traditional food from our heritage that we all LOVE! MMMMmm makes me hungry. I am working on a GF version for my family now.
Rutabaga is a must according to my Grandma ;)

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
So many talents!
So how was it?

Keyboard issues- My keyboard died on Friday night and I was without one most of the weekend. Got quite a bit done.

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
sylvie said:
So many talents!
So how was it?

Keyboard issues- My keyboard died on Friday night and I was without one most of the weekend. Got quite a bit done.
It was delicious without a doubt, but I didn't eat for 2 days so don't take my word on it.

Back in 95' i scolded my boy for having a soda on the computer desk, the very next morning I knocked over my coffee into the keyboard. To this day I keep a spare of everything including another ghosted computer, plus a remote RAID drive with everything backed-up on it.

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
:drool You cook too??

Those look yummy! :drool
I don't have a choice, ready eats and fast food will kill a man plus they are too expensive. I have been slowly stocking my kitchen with all kinds of cooking stuff, like plates and spoons.

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So do you just put that beef in there raw? And how long and what temp does it bake? I like the way that looks.

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
kcsunshine said:
So do you just put that beef in there raw? And how long and what temp does it bake? I like the way that looks.
Everything was raw, but cubed everything fairly small though and used eye of round steak. I baked for 30 minutes at 350F then put butter over the top and into the slits then put back in the oven for another 30 minutes at 325F because it was browning too fast.

I just finished eating the second one because it was more tasty than a bucket of extra crispy.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
xpc said:
Back in 95' i scolded my boy for having a soda on the computer desk, the very next morning I knocked over my coffee into the keyboard. To this day I keep a spare of everything including another ghosted computer, plus a remote RAID drive with everything backed-up on it.
Good advice, I went to Walmart and got the $12.99 special which has the tiniest numbers and letters imaginable.

Now that you've polished off the other pasty, was that done in the spirit of research?

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
sylvie said:
Now that you've polished off the other pasty, was that done in the spirit of research?
Hey at least I didn't Hasselhoff it.

One weighted 18 oz. and the other 15 oz. and all the effort for that extra bit research is proving that it is nap time.