Peanut Butter Recall

Farmer Kitty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It's good though that they recognized and admitted the possiblity and recalled their product.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I don't buy anything like peanut butter crackers or peanut butter anything really. I don't buy PB.....maybe 2 jars a year..LOL

BUT yikes----this situation is becoming so much more common now!

and of course it would!!!!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
We buy Jif, as it is the only peanut butter the dh will eat. He is hypoglycemic and keeps a spoon and a jar of pb in his car so he can have some protein during the day. PB will survive 90 or -50.

But that other stuff - nah, I make my own. Although, if dh had his way - he has a lust for Little Debbie like you can't imagine! :D

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
We had all this sickness in my house a couple of weeks and I am wondering if maybe this is what caused it.

Both of my children and hubby live on peanut butter sandwiches. I don't eat it much. I was the only one that didn't get sick. When my mom and granny came to visit they both ate peanut butter from the same jar (which is now gone) the night before they got so sick. Even the dog got sick and threw up all over the place and I always give her the crusts from the kids sandwiches which, have peanut butter on them.

This is just crazy.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
On Tuesday, PetSmart recalled seven kinds of its Grreat Choice dog biscuits.

On Wednesday, the weight loss company NutriSystem issued a recall for peanut butter granola bars.

And some Asian foods made with peanut sauces are starting to turn up on the recalls list.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Is there a China/Mexico connection with the peanuts yet? I keep waiting for that.

I asked my relative if PB caused the 6 Salmonella poisonings at her care facility. They are back-peddling on the Salmonella now, yet not offering any alternative diagnosis.

I am making dog biscuits today for Lexie after reading of those items being recalled. Thanks for the update.