Perseids Meteor Shower Tonight

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
The peak of the Perseid meteor shower will be tonight/early tomorrow. If you are up before dawn (as a lot of us are), look up. You may get a treat, even though the moon will be about 50% illuminated, and providing some glare.

At the peak, there should be 100 to 120 meteors per hour. There have been bursts of several hundred in the past.

Meteors.jpg

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Cool! Thanks for the reminder. I always try to watch for a little while. DH will grumble then eventually join me.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Thank you for the reminder!!! They are talking cloudy for us tonight but I would love to see them again this year.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up koxxx!

I better call my dad, we are always looking up together!

Sad though, I finally got my wish for clouds and rain. :( It has been clear and dry for 2 months.

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Sad though, I finally got my wish for clouds and rain. :( It has been clear and dry for 2 months.
That's the way it usually works here, also. We are cloudy now, but supposed to clear up this evening. This year though, I'll be in the house bouncing radio signals off of them and probably miss them visually (although I'll probably sneak out a few times and look) :D

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Thunderstorms here until about 10 or 11 pm, then partly cloudy with humidity of 97%. Isn't that just about "under water"?

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Henrietta23 said:
Thunderstorms here until about 10 or 11 pm, then partly cloudy with humidity of 97%. Isn't that just about "under water"?
Yep, I would say that definitely qualifies. :)