Phaedra's Journal - Eat, Play, Live

Phaedra

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hi, I would like to open a thread here and share our days in a small town in Germany.

I used to post with photos (in both TEG and BYC) but didn't really know if it was proper. English is my second language - enough for communication but far away from a native speaker. So, allow me to use a bit more photos from time to time, and I admit that some of my wording might be funny.

I love improvised home cooking, planting, music, learning, and reading. Currently, I am a freelancer and take on projects from the manufacturing industry. As I work from home, we have hens, quails, cats, and dogs after buying the house in 2018.

For me, "Self-sufficiency" is a lovely concept that covers physical and mental aspects. It's a process of getting balance under different stages/circumstances of life and level of maturity. It's an interesting and meaningful lifestyle, too.

Nice to be here and have the chance to become one of your neighbors on the internet. :love

I made a simple pumpkin stew today, no recipe as usual - beef short ribs, a few plum tomatoes, a homegrown kabocha pumpkin, water, and salt. It's satisfying and can be presented in fully different ways - I love both.

After the first stage of cooking, a natural, tasty, and fresh meal (our lunch)
918.jpg

After it's done - more delicate and complete (part of our dinner)
914.jpg

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Mein Deutsch ist nicht so gut. Bitte verzeihen Sie mir, wenn ich einen Fehler mache. Wow, du bist ein Food-Künstler 😋

Haben Sie Rezept für Sauerkraut mit Wurst? Wir verwenden polnische Wurst und ich weib, dass das nicht die richtige Art von Wurst ist.

Danke

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Phaedra

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Mein Deutsch ist nicht so gut. Bitte verzeihen Sie mir, wenn ich einen Fehler mache. Wow, du bist ein Food-Künstler 😋

Haben Sie Rezept für Sauerkraut mit Wurst? Wir verwenden polnische Wurst und ich weib, dass das nicht die richtige Art von Wurst ist.

Danke

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
Mein Deutsch ist auch nicht so schön, weil ich aus Taiwan bin. Leider habe ich noch keine besondere Rezepte für Sauerkraut mit Wurst - wir verbrauchen sehr wenig Sauerkraut. Meine Familie mag lieber Kimchi.

My German is also not very good because I am from Taiwan. My family loves Kimchi much better, so we ate very little Sauerkraut (with sausage). Therefore, I didn't have a recommended recipe yet.

Phaedra

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Home-created chocolate pralines - the result after about two-hour work this morning.
I recommend this praline-making as a winter indoor activity; its byproducts are as amazing as the main achievements. It's healing and can easily bring me into the 'flow state.'
926.jpg

You can be creative and hide whatever you love inside the pralines. This is something not available from the ready products on the market, no matter how famous and expensive they are.
930_0.jpg

It's very common to bake all kinds of cookies here for the coming year-end holidays. Making good quality and unique chocolate pralines is a more-than-happy alternative for me.