Picture of the week for Sufficient Self?

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Will Sufficient Self eventually have its own picture of the week? Do we need a certain amount of members, posts, etc?

Pics could be of canned goods, homemade soaps, open pit cooking, handmade tools, etc.

Just wonderin'

krjwaj

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have no authority but I do like the idea!! :)

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Oh sure, pics of people not shopping at a mall; pics of a person walking *right past* the egg case at the supermarket; pics of a thermostat set to 60 F; and of course, for those off-the-grid people, pics of a mailbox without a utility bill envelope in it...

LOL

I do think it's a good idea actually :)

Pat

the simple life

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
hmmm, as long as its not animals being processed I guess anything would be okay right?
People building wind turbines?
hhhmm, maybe people with the things they are the most proud of related to self suficiency, maybe a root cellar they built. Oh wait, that would be me.:)
Seriously though, alot of people here do some really good things, so maybe a picture of something they have completed in relation to self sufficiency or maybe a picture of what they feel would be the epitome for them.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
the simple life,

that's the idea - It could be as simple as a stack of firewood under a blanket of snow, cooking beans on a wood heater, compost bins, fresh baked homemade breads. Ya know, that sort of thing. Oh, new uses for old things such as an old chair that is used as a flower planter, rusty gates as flower trellises or dried beans stored in blue canning jars.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
How bout a picture of us filling our 5 gallon olive containers at the local spring? :gig

Or my rain barrels?? :gig

Or our manual post hole digger, as every post on our property has been dug and planted by hand :barnie

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
If we are going to get a pic of the week, How about some graduating classifications instead of "member". Maybe something like city slicker at the newbie end and Daniel Boone at the other end.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
unclejoe said:
If we are going to get a pic of the week, How about some graduating classifications instead of "member". Maybe something like city slicker at the newbie end and Daniel Boone at the other end.
It would be cool to have a page where you could choose your own label based on where you think you are on the SS scale. That way one's name is not based on the number of posts, but their own perception of their level of self-sufficiency... just a thought... :)

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Wow! Such awsome ideas!! I could post a pic of my projects around here, or people could show their 'progressive projects'. Quilts, canning, woodcutting/burning, homemade stuff, etc. And I LOVE the name idea!!

*jumping up and down...'c'mon Nifty! pleeeaaaaase?????

Latest posts