Picture of the week for Sufficient Self?

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
unclejoe said:
If we are going to get a pic of the week, How about some graduating classifications instead of "member". Maybe something like city slicker at the newbie end and Daniel Boone at the other end.
It would be cool to have a page where you could choose your own label based on where you think you are on the SS scale. That way one's name is not based on the number of posts, but their own perception of their level of self-sufficiency... just a thought... :)
I like that even better. :D

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Some really great ideas... good job gang!!!

I never thought this forum would have a POW, but if there is enough interest (and pictures) we may do it.

Let me noodle on it and I'll get back to you on it. Until then, start getting your pics ready!

:D

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Thank you, Nifty. I think it will be interesting to see what members come up with.

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
unclejoe said:
Beekissed said:
unclejoe said:
If we are going to get a pic of the week, How about some graduating classifications instead of "member". Maybe something like city slicker at the newbie end and Daniel Boone at the other end.
It would be cool to have a page where you could choose your own label based on where you think you are on the SS scale. That way one's name is not based on the number of posts, but their own perception of their level of self-sufficiency... just a thought... :)
I like that even better. :D
Beekissed, I just discovered that you started this topic back in July when this forum was new. We'll have to keep it on top so that everyone can put in their 2 cents.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Yep, I was one of the first busybodies to explore this site and have really been interested in building it up. Its so beneficial to glean ideas and support from a community...even if it is online! :D

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Well, I am going to start taking pics then!!

I know it's not BYC, but would pics of our chickens/animals count? We have the chickens and goats as part of our self sufficient stuff, too!

and the woodburner, fire wood, etc.

LOL

I want my title under my name Laura Ingalls Wilder, Reincarnate!

My reasoning is because I like my animals more than people and so did she (NO offfense to my fellow SS members!) and I have been using my chickens to supplement my income, and so did she!

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
:lol: THAT'S FUNNY!!! :lol: When I started spending every spare minute I could in the garden and chicken coop & run, my step-son started calling me Charles(Ingalls). Whenever I go outside to do something he always has to ask me: "What are you doing now Charles"

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
unclejoe said:
Quail_Antwerp said:
:lol: THAT'S FUNNY!!! :lol: When I started spending every spare minute I could in the garden and chicken coop & run, my step-son started calling me Charles(Ingalls). Whenever I go outside to do something he always has to ask me: "What are you doing now Charles"
OK Pa, you be Charles, I'll be Laura LOLOL

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Here is one for consideration :D

SANY0518.jpg