Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You got my new place strapped down? you know they are tornado magnets don't you? I ain't never been in jail.but that looks a little bit bigger that a cell. Can't wait to get started, so what's my chores?
You might want to start by remodeling your new home. A couple of windows would go a long ways towards brightening things up. I just took a leg of lamb out of the freezer.....gonna cook it tomorrow. You ain't moved in yet? :lol:

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@Hinotori , WOW! GREAT picture of that Raven in flight with the egg in his mouth! It's such a clear picture (at least on my little screen!) Very nice picture!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You might want to start by remodeling your new home. A couple of windows would go a long ways towards brightening things up. I just took a leg of lamb out of the freezer.....gonna cook it tomorrow. You ain't moved in yet? :lol:

I'm cross tie walking the Santa Fe line - I'll be there in a couple of months.

1280px-BNSF_Railway_system_map.svg.png

Last edited:

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Hinotori , WOW! GREAT picture of that Raven in flight with the egg in his mouth! It's such a clear picture (at least on my little screen!) Very nice picture!

Camera focused on wing not body or it would have been better. Didnt help that there was light fog. That grey sky during broad daylight is our life here in winter.

Mom was surprised it could pick it up. I'd say it was only because it was a silkie egg, but they have taken off with the extra large eggs too

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We'll see what else I have come BYC calender time. Can only enter 2. I had a hard time deciding last year. Hubby had to pick the two out of my final five.

I've entered twice and had pictures chosen each time.

I always encourage others to enter pictures for it and give suggestions for getting good pictures with a cell phone. All mine have been with a dslr camera since they come out better usually. It is possible to get good phone pictures if you do things right no matter what naysayers kept saying in the calendar thread. I took a few and gave them examples to prove it can be done.

I wish I knew a quarter of what the professional photographers know. I know enough to get by and do take what I feel looks nice.

The group of hens above is a little too low in the frame. I noticed them almost a little too late to take a picture before they moved.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
The biggest thing people need to do when taking pics with their cellphones is turn the thing SIDEWAYS when they take pics. Landscape vs portrait pics works so much better and looks so much better too. I've taken some amazing pics with my phone, it can be done. But when it comes to serious photography, I much prefer my camera. My phone tends to darken pics and doesn't zoom well at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts