Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm not much of a photographer. More mechanical than artistic but here's one.

20180306_173542.jpg

this is my eldest son. While most 10 year olds are playing video games he's working like a man hauling 50lb bags of feed, wheelbarrows of wood chips, digging post holes, driving t posts, putting up fence, digging trenches, and tending the rabbitry. For fun he likes hunting, fishing, and camping. On the weekends he, his grandfather, and I shoot skeet. He's pretty good with a 20awg shotgun.

He gets straight A's, has his father's mechanical inclination and a little bit of a stubborn streak. He's a damn good kid and I'm proud to call him my son.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

View attachment 6451

this is my eldest son. While most 10 year olds are playing video games he's working like a man hauling 50lb bags of feed, wheelbarrows of wood chips, digging post holes, driving t posts, putting up fence, digging trenches, and tending the rabbitry. For fun he likes hunting, fishing, and camping. On the weekends he, his grandfather, and I shoot skeet. He's pretty good with a 20awg shotgun.

He gets straight A's, has his father's mechanical inclination and a little bit of a stubborn streak. He's a damn good kid and I'm proud to call him my son.

You go man! My son bought his first car (73 Plymouth) at the age of 14 with his own money. He's 28 now and still has the car.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score

View attachment 6451

Congrats @Chic Rustler for getting this week's POW! That sounds like a son to be proud of! :)

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@Chic Rustler the picture of your son is encouraging me to add one of mine. (The first one is just for perspective...) This is my son pruning one of the pecan trees.
IMG_20180313_123731.jpg
IMG_20180313_123754.jpg

Homesteading sure gives us opportunity to try new things!

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yep, with tree spikes, and a tree harness. It was a lot harder than he thought it would be!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts