Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, I've learned two things today! I've never seen that flower before and it's beautiful - but the correlation between them and ticks is new to me too.

Beautiful pic!

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
They're all over the north woods in Wisconsin and Upper Michigan, and I just took a bunch of pictures of some in Oregon and Washington when I was there last month. They bloom in the spring, most often in the woods, and in the shade. They're protected in some areas. Three leaves and three petals. :)

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Congratulations! It's one of my favorite flowers. It reminds me of when we were kids walking through the woods to find waterfalls with my dad. A favorite activity when we were kids, dad would go for a ride and would walk over a mile out in the woods to find a waterfall with a parade of kids around him, some running ahead, some lagging behind, some at his side or even on his shoulders if their little legs couldn't carry them any further. We'd often go in the spring when melting snow would really make the falls fun. And we'd always stop to check out trilliums.dad would show us all the different kinds of trees, and show us the bark or leaves, or interesting mushrooms. We'd spend hours in the woods.

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Me at 2yo on my Dad's shoulders on one of our walks
tmp_1777-IMG_20180517_0729521106053224.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts