pictures of finished sewing/quilt projects

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I thought it would be a cool idea for those of us that quilt, or sew for that matter, to show pictures of our finished projects. Sometimes I get so much inspiration for my next project just from seeing what someone else has done. I can't tell you how many times i have googled "quilts, pictures" just to sit and browse through other people's projects to get ideas. I know we have some quilters on her and definitely some talented seamstresses. I thought it might be a nice idea to have a thread where people could showcase some of their finished work.

So here you go! Post away!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Here is a simple one patch baby quilt I did for my daughter
100_6531.jpg

Hand embroidered and hand quilted train baby quilt done by my mama and me
100_6528.jpg

First big quilt project done by my mom and me...machine pieced and hand quilted
100_6530.jpg

tote bags
P5020193.jpg

P6090243.jpg

P5210230.jpg

P9130139.jpg

John Deere dress
P6100250.jpg

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Beautiful! I have no talent in that area, I have a horse quilt I started 11 years ago and it's not finished :he

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I love that train quilt too - what a cute idea!

I have made several quilts as gifts, but never remember to take pictures. All mine, to date, have been tied though. I am not confident enough to hand quilt yet.
Really want to do a four season, or an Amish spin star, but panic when I realize how much hand quilting is involved!

Will be watching this thread for pictures & inspiration :)

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Beautiful work!

I posted a couple of photos in Neko-Chan's quilting thread, but need to dig up photos of the rest that I've made over the years. :)

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
I LOVE the John Deere pink dress! (and the model is a cutie, too :D) Smocking is one thing I have never had the nerve to try.
Here are a couple of quilts that I have- I don't have pictures of ones I have given away, and I didn't dig out the pieces of a couple more to take pictures of- a bear paw out of old flannel shirts and an attic windows out of old jeans are still just peices.

My son's jeans quilt- washed, dried, and loved through 30 years or so. It is hand tied since it was way too impossible to quilt!

My current one that needs to be quilted- I am almost finished the center lone star, but have to get to the rest of it soon. Maybe this winter I will pick it up again.

I also have to figure out what I am going to quilt in the big muslin squares- I'm thinking purple thread. A feather medallion would be nice, I think.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I think I would have to do some digging for pics. I have not been doing much sewing lately but look forward to fall. I have plans for some crochet projects as well as clothing.

g

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Oh Valmom, those are GORGEOUS!!!

I will have to dig up the photo of the one I made for my MIL. Interesting story with that one...she is adopted and her "grandmother" was always one of her favorite people. Her house is still standing...barely, and it is about 5 minutes from where we currently live. Well, my husband got a wild hair up his arse and decided to see what, if anything was still left in the house. When she died it went to one of the daughters and she basically just walked away. When we went in there we found mountains of fabric (she quilted as a side job and did alterations and knitting) and mountains of yarn. There were dishes in the cabinets, furniture still in there and upstairs we found boxes of quilt squares that she had put together for a client and then apparently the client told her she couldn't pay for the quilt after all. I had enough finished quilt squares to make two quilts for my MIL...one for xmas and one for her birthday. All I had to do was sew them together and quilt them and she just cried and cried when she opened that box xmas morning.

here's the pic....
460_100_4507.jpg