pink eye??????

Urban Farms

Power Conserver
Reaction score
it has been tried... on me and all of my siblings! it works and does not hurt at all!

I don't know if goats milk works, I never tried it, but it probably would work because it is the enzymes in raw milk, good luck

Lady Henevere

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Reading this thread because I think I may have pink eye for the first time in my life. It's more tender than itchy, so I'm not sure.

As for milk in the eye, many years ago when DD got something scratchy and stubborn in her eye, DH put milk in it. I thought he was crazy, but it washes the foreign body out and there's something about the milk that is very soothing to the eye. We have used it many times over the years.

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Mackay said:
Neopsorin ointment over the counter put in eyes at bedtime will get rid of it quick. My pediatrician taught me this long ago. Works well and I've met other people over the years that have done it successfully. Disregard that it says not to use in eyes on tube. Ha. Thats what my doc said!

These days I use colloidal silver. A few drops each eye till infection clears.
I like this brand the best. www.nutrasilver.com but this requires only one drop per eye. One or two treatments should do it.

Good handwashing is a must. Clean the crib well.
The pediatrician I used to work for said this as well; opthalmic Neosporin is a more refined form, but they are both essentially the same. I would recommend (as he did as well) that you get a new tube, and be very sure not to touch the tip to anything - squeeze a bit out on your clean fingertip, but don't touch the tip of the tube. Best to keep a few small, fresh tubes on hand as you have small children, and will probably have to deal with it again.

And handwashing is very important, and also the childrens' toys etc. It is spread by the infected child rubbing his eyes, and then touching something; the other child plays with that same something, and rubs his eyes. Voila! Pink eye successfully passed on.

ETA: The usual treatment schedule is three times a day for three days. If it hasn't cleared up by then it would be best to talk to your pediatrician.