pink eye??????

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I wish I had known about neosporin for pink eye years ago!! I taught swimming lessons during the summer and taught Montessori school (ages 3-6) during the school year, pink eye everywhere!

My daughter had to go through the eye drops (and countless dr.s visits just to get the drops!) :he Eye drops are pretty tough for ADULTS to take, let alone toddlers!! She turned into a cat when it came to eye drops--all teeth and claws. :barnie

FRUSTRATING it was, to say the least.

Thanks, this information is GREAT to have!!

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, the neosporin isn't much fun either. You have to do it at bedtime cause its so greasy you can't see!

Did I mention you really got to clean the crib and anyplace contaminated hands go cause it will spread that way, or so I was told.

I just became aware that neosporin sometimes comes with an anti-pain ingredient. It is marked clearly on the front of the box. Don't get that one.

mother_earth12

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Wow the info i get off here is great..wish i would have known about these other remedies sooner, DD just finished treatment for a severe case. There were 31 kids out of school in the last two weeks at her school. I have avoided further spreading with good hygiene and luck:D

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Well, neosproin does work!! And very fast I might add.

My daughter went swimming in a public pool this weekend and on Sat night she complained of an itchy eye. I looked at it and knew right away it was pink eye. So I taught her how to smear a dab into her infected eye that night. The very next day it looked clear, but the other one was pink and goopy. Now both eyes have been treated, bedding washed and she looks like nothing happened. It didn't sting one bit she said...it just looked blurry. As Mackay states apply at night before bed. :thumbsup

I used the Neosporin Original formula. Use one clean qtip to apply per eye. One qtip for one eye, another qtip for the other eye, don't cross contamnate! Wash hands and then wash hands again!

rowdysunsetart

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I have been a natural herbalist for 35 years now and nothing works better or faster than eyebright herb! it takes it away in hours and I will warn you it stings like (*&&*%) for a few seconds..but works everytime. and is cheap. take the powder ad to tepid water, strain thru a papertowel ( non bleached kind if possible) use a eye cup or shot glass works too or plain glass if nothing else and soak eye, rinse with clean water, then soak in eye again, rinse, it burns but within minutes it starts to feel much better, repeat if persistant, you can also take eyebright herb capsules if you have a bad case, but always test capsules of any herb BEFORE you take them by rubbing on inside of wrist and elbow and waiting an hour if you see any reaction...dont take them. :D

rowdysunsetart

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I will let you know that neosproin is NOT that safe there are several studies that have several kinds of tests trying to prove that it causes cancer and have had some proof just lately..I know when my dad swore by it and everyplace he used to use it he had to have laser surgery for cancer years later! So stay natural please...God says he gives us every "Bitter herb of the kingdom" the word Bitter means medicinal! I have never seen herbs not work in all my years working with them!

Urban Farms

Power Conserver
Reaction score
ok this is an old tried and true remedy that does not sting or hurt is fast working and it is self sufficient!

Mothers Milk! and if you don't have, then some fresh raw cow's milk works almost as well, just pour some in the infected eye and it will be all gone an hour

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Urban Farms said:
ok this is an old tried and true remedy that does not sting or hurt is fast working and it is self sufficient!

Mothers Milk! and if you don't have, then some fresh raw cow's milk works almost as well, just pour some in the infected eye and it will be all gone an hour
WOW! How about goat's milk? I can only get that raw around here.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Urban Farms said:

That's interesting and would be a great thing for someone on here to try and report back about results!

BTW, Welcome to the forum, Urban Farms! :)