pink eye??????

ashylove

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
is there any way to treat/prevent other than washing hands? my 3yo has it, and i am worried that my 1yo will too.... the 3yo was very touchy before we knew what it was....

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Washing hands and bleaching surfaces is the only way, unfortunately.....except, of course, developing a great immune system!

The most valuable tool I ever possessed for my children's health~and mine~was a good immune system. Never had pink eye, barely got chicken pox, few colds or earaches, very few cases of stomach flu...maybe one or two their whole lives. That's pretty good, considering how rampant schools are for germs.

My sister's kids were vomiting and squirting at least once a month their whole lives....actually, the whole family were! And still are. :p Seems like they keep some kind of sickness in their homes at all times. :/

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Neopsorin ointment over the counter put in eyes at bedtime will get rid of it quick. My pediatrician taught me this long ago. Works well and I've met other people over the years that have done it successfully. Disregard that it says not to use in eyes on tube. Ha. Thats what my doc said!

These days I use colloidal silver. A few drops each eye till infection clears.
I like this brand the best. www.nutrasilver.com but this requires only one drop per eye. One or two treatments should do it.

Good handwashing is a must. Clean the crib well.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Rite Aid sells a homeopathic Pink Eye by Similan. I have found it to be very effective.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
PamsPride, you still have a box of that remedy around? I'm curious to know whats in it, as I make my own copies of homeopathic things like that.

for instance I made a copy of Dolisos ear remedy. Haven't found an ear infection that it didn't cure.

I've used homeopathic eyebright a couple of times long ago but I think it was for something other than pinkeye..can't remember what the proplem was now.

I know how to take a box of remedy like you have and turn it into enough to treat maybe a 100 people, maybe more...not that you'd ever find that much need to treat pink eye!:rolleyes:

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Accroding to the bottle (don't have the box anymore)...
Active ingredients: (hoeopathic) Belladonna 6x, Euphrasia 6x, Hepar sulphuris 12x

Inactive ingredients: Borate buffer, purified water, silver sulfate (as preservative), sodium nitrate

ashylove

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
thanks!!! i will definitly have to try the neosporin then, if any of us get it... i have a huge phobia of eye drops..... lol... so far so good, little one doesnt seem to have it!!! ;)

oregonchick

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
for instance I made a copy of Dolisos ear remedy. Haven't found an ear infection that it didn't cure.
Mckay,

I am wondering what your ear remedy recipe is? Could you please share it with us? Thanks, Julie

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, I went looking for the formula. Delisos does'nt make it anymore, in fact that company is down and out.. can't find the formula....dumb me. Maybe it went bye bye when my computer crashed about 4 years ago.

I remember it had Belladonna, Calc. Carb., Chamomella, that I think were in 6c potency. It had two or three other remedies also in 6c. I made my stock bottle in 30c cause thats what I had and not really that important, the change in potency. It works like magic.

I put word out that I'm looking for the formula. Maybe someone in cyberspace will respond with it.