Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
looks like it wants to rain right now, big heavy dark clouds overhead...yuck weather.

did manage to send another bun home today she took the chestnut angora boy and is already inlove!
3 angora babies left, 3 English lop babies left and 1 rex baby left rom the current litters.
7 satin angora babies in th nest box, and a rex due in a few days too...so far though they've paid for their feed for the last couple months...so im good with that.

took Keira with me and she flirted with a police officer...
we were there waiting at the car and in pulls the cop...im freeking out, why? becuause I have an anxiety disorder and my brain works that way lol...he pulls over and I think im going to get told off for loitering or something when he goes "does she bite?"
ummmm.....
turns out someone had called about a mean looking dog off leash in the parkinglot....he came to check and noticed not only was she on a leash but that she was about as mean looking as the baby bunnies in the back lol.
turns out he has 3 Dobermans and hasn't seen any others in forever! says there not very common and just needed to say hello, hes training his girl in shutzhund, and his 2 males are French ring nd personal protection trained also...we chatted for a while, she got to flirt, nice guy (even if he did scare the bejesus out of me lol)
then we did a quick tsc run, for a treat for keira because she waited so patiently for the bunny lady (they got lost a few times and were late)

home, got the 2 buns she didn't take all settled back down and then worked on the flowerbed ive been working o (finally got mulch), im laying down cardboard and newspaper to help prevent weeds (a lot cheaper than weed block and probably equally effective (ive not had luck with that stuff in the past lol)
im about 1/2 way done but ran out of paper/cardboard supplies so took a break...

Got keiras SD patches sewn on her harness, yay! she looks very official now!
and now im finishing up dinner, Slow cooked BBQ pork picnic ribs, salad and baby red potatoes (the potatoes are for everyone but me lol.)

gotta go put the critters to bed and by the time that's done I should have time to make the salad and dinner will be ready.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yummy! I haven't eaten yet and that sounds delish! Nice to meet someone that doesn't automatically think Dobies are evil

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I have eaten and that still sound yummy! :drool

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Too bad I missed dinner!
Yay for flirting with a nice officer. It's ok, I think the same thing when an officer pulls up to me too!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Years ago, I couldn't wear the shoulder strap for a seat belt. I had a note from my doctor for just in case. I was sitting at a red light, and had a cop pull up next to me, and row down his passenger's side window. I figured he was going to say something about the seat belt. Nope, this was when they first started making the quad cab pick ups and he wanted to know how I liked mine.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Years ago, DH had an old 54 Chevy truck that he was trying to restore. One time, he was driving to work in it because his bike was in the shop, and he got pulled over. The cop came up to the window and asked him "Are you in a hurry? I didn't pull you over for anything, I just wanted to look at your truck!"

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I had a friend that was a cop pull me over years ago just cuz he wanted to talk. :he

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Lol the bfs brother did that to him the other day while he was delivering stuff for his job. It was pretty funny.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
lol, least im not the only one...
I mean don't get me wrong cops are people too, but seriously heart in my chest lol.

well little blue budgie whent to her new home today.
English budgie guy emailed me and wants to try again Monday afternoon, says he was there till 6:30 I told him then we must have been looking at eachother for about 1/2 hour, told him I need a time and I need to know what car hes driving this time... *fingers crossed*

vaccine clinic people didn't show up t Tractor supply (second month running they've been no-shows, so im going to have to se if there are nay other around offering low cost rabies...I need keiras rabies ot get her local license...

managed to slam my thumb in the door...weird cause it didn't realy hurt until after I opend the door and removed my thumb...thankfully damage is minimal, split just below the nail on the soft part (thankfully it wasn't under the nail/in the nail bed, those hurt) so itll likely just be a little burised for a few days and then fine...DOH, made me feel a little dumb though lol.
the door actually closed enough to latch so im pretty sure the rubber door stuff saved my thumb, just enough padding and gap to keep it form doing serious damage.
Day 2 of my low carb Re-boot...so keep those fingers crossed I can stay on the bull this time (cause it certainly aint no wagon lol)

now probably going to go and try to get more weeding/mulching done on the back flower bed.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well, theres a huge amount of random pride and joy that comes when your father tells you hes "pretty impressed"
see, he shot 2 rabbits this evening and didn't want to waste them...
so he was going to process them, but he felt he was rusty...I said no problem ill do it.
now remember the convo a while back about how hed belive it when he saw it in reguards to me processing rabbits?!
well he belives it now.
true I did NOT dispatch them...he took 2 wild rabbits with his air rifle, we have a slight rabbit overpopulation issue on the property so dads planning on taking out a couple once in a while to keep things in check...
I took some make shift tools (as ive NO idea where my processing kit whent) had my sister come with me, she wanted to see how it was done...
Dad came too to "help" (I think he was just curious lol)

I had that bun done in 10 mins and that was walking my sis through it step by step, in the dark with a makeshift shop light lol.
she did very well..least...in ther own words "i haven't puked yet" lol
the 2nd one I asked if she wanted to help, she admitted she couldn't get past the crunchy bits (removing the head and feet) so I did that part and got the skinning started and she finished that...then I cut the bun open and my sister got up the courage to clean the guts out.
I finished up the feet.
rinsd em off got em in and weighed and rinsed again, parted out and currently in brine in the fridge and im thinking itll make a yummy "pulled rabbit" with that home made BBQ sauce...

anyway after all was done we sat out chatting and he told me he was very impressed with how I processed the rabbits and asked who'd taught me...the wonderful youtube of the interwebs to be honest...
there was just something about finally being told id done something right that lifted me for a bit!
it felt good, I just wish hed say a random "well done" here and there more often...I need a little pat on the back once in a while, as selfish as that may be...
he also loved his fathers day gift, a foodsaver vacume sealer...hes wanted one for years! all 3 of us put money in to get it :)

I did also manage to get most of the back flowerbed weeded and mulched...but ran out of mulch, need 1 mabe 2 bags and itll be done, and it looks much nicer!

anyway, long day tomorrow.
oh and keep the fngers crossed had an enquirey about angora buns, would love to send a couple more of them home this week....and fingers crossed on the lop sale too please!