Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Quick update from the hospital...
I'm freaking out internally but staying strong for mum. After this afternoons bout of bloody vomit he began coughing up blood, jut a little but enough to be a worry...
They took him down for the endoscopy at about 5:30 ish, and we're currently waiting in his room. No news yet and yeah. They've moved him to step down unit which is ot quite intensive care but he gets his own room and will likey be hooked to a heart rate monitor and such for a while. Were still pretty much in the dark about it all and I thinkn that's the hardest part. I just want to know what s going on.

I do know his surgeon well enough that if endoscopy had found anything that needed emergency surgery shed already have him in, but no one has been informed that he's any place other than endoscopy right now...
Because he's now in a private room we can stay as late as needed as long as were quiet...

But I fear if I don't hear something soon I'm going to go batty...
My dads never had surgery before, never an issue...and now this.

I'm trying to stay focused, keep reminding myself how wonderful the surgeon is...how strong dad is, how he's in the best place.
But part of me keeps silently asking any god and goddess and higher power that might be listening that this is something so trivial and small that once he's home well all look back and laugh about how dramatic he is...

Bt ri now...I'm scared.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
This may be why those deals keep failing (and causing you personal grief)?

Wishing you peace

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I put your dad on my church's prayer list at prayer meeting tonight.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
quick update.

me and mum are home for the evening. he got up from the endoscopy suite around 9pm.
he was scared and doped on anethesia and weepy...

but...we have some results, that are hopefully the good kind of results.

first off the surgeon was in the endoscopy suite the entire time he was in there, she stayed through the whole thing and kept a close eye on him she even had a college take over a conference she was supposed to be doing so she could be there for him.

the endoscopy revealed NO active bleeding anywhere in the stomach, they did find a number of clots around one of the suture sites and a small ulcer.
so they have added metal clips to all the suture sites internally to reinforce the connections, there upping his PPI, and utting him on an ulcer medication, all via iv tonight...

hes in step down unit meanint 1 nurse to every 3-4 patients as opposed to other areas of the hosptial so hes in good hands and they will call if anything happens. his nurse and care team are all very atentive and his surgeon will be keeping a close eye on him over the next few days. i think itll be friday at the absolute bare minimum before her home, however it wouldnt suprise me if saturday or even sunday comes around.
ulcers after bypas can become quite dangerous...

the good news is they did find the ulcer which means they found something that can be treated...
and they also cleared the clots and reinforced all the connection sites from the inside too...
the bad news is without active bleeding they cant be 100% sure they found the site of the bleed (though it makes sense given there were alot of clots in that exact area) so yeah, lots of monitoring, lots of bloodwork which is menatlly destroying him, he seems to have a relitivly low pain threshold right now and has been prodded and poked with so many needles its painfull...but they can keep track for anemia and other potenial issues this way so its the best most accurate way.

part of me wants to curl up in a corner and cry...another part wants to sleep and yet another part keeps saying "your strong be strong" it and the want to cry side are having arguments...and my mind knows that theres no way in hell ill sleep well tonight even if i did listen to the "go to sleep part" (though i am going to be trying very shortly.)

mums got her physio in the morning pretty much across the road from the hospital so im going to drop her off in the mornng then head over to see dad and shes going to come over as soon as her apointments done and we'll hang around for a few hours.
we wont realy know much untill friday though...as today he was fine untill this afternoon...so...

stomal (or surgical) ulcers are agrivated by stomach acid and they didnt give him the iv ppi this morning but did give him chicken broth....from my understanding thus far the combination of a tiny bit of acid from the stomach digesting the chicken broth could have agriated the area causing a small ulcer and making it bleed again...
but thats all speculation from what they were saying and my brain could easily be registering the information incorrectly at this stage in the game.

but he did make it through anesthesia, he seemed though scared, to otherwise feel better again and we didnt stay too long so he could sleep.

im hoping tomorrow brings much better news than today has.
im ready for this week to be over.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
I hope all goes well. Don't forget to take care of you too!

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
I'm glad you able to be with your Dad. Hope he is better fast so you can all relax. You've had enough stress for a lifetime lately. :hugs

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
Keeping your dad in my thoughts. And that sucks about the house closing costs!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thanks.
dont worry i plan to spoil myself a little after all this is over, if the new mortgage guy cant come up with anything i think im going to take a long weekend vacation once dads all clear and back on the good road to recovery...
i havent had a vacation in over 10 years (and my dog died while we were away so it kinda spoilt the whole thing), so i think if i cant buy a house this time around im just going to take a weekend to myself...

especially since right now i do HAVE to stay strong...mums not yet fallen apart and neither has my sister and i 100% belive right now me staying as calm as possible is helping keep them together.
and i figure if that belife keeps ME togehter then thatll work for now.

i slept last night...
not well...but i slept.
today is going to be a tylanol for the niggling not enough sleep behind the eyes headache thats already there and alot of fluids (i get dehydrated easily when stressed)
i havent yet given in to major carb cravings so depite it all it hasnt triggered a bipolar shift yet, and hopefully doesnt.

now i realy just need for toay to be a bajillion times better and for there to be marked inprovment and that marked improvment STAYS and he heals up.
today just needs to be alot better.

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
So sorry for all your recent troubles, pinkfox...hope your dad gets well soon. :hugs