Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Hey, I know a trick to get the water in!
Drinking large amounts dilutes our mineral and electrolyte balance, hence the reason its so hard to drink large amounts.
Start by adding a pinch of unrefined sea salt to each glass of water. Add a second pinch if the one is not quite cutting it.

As to the dog, I would go with the Dane. Hey! You are moving out on your own! Having a nice big dog can be quite nice for that reason.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well my computer died this morning, screen whent black dad says the inverter is dying and it'll cost more to replace that than it would be to just replace he entire machine...
Right now he's trying to perform survey on her, the hinges have snapped right off which in turn has caused the screen to not be attached and the strain on the inverter board..yeah. Managed to back up all my pics and dads trying to Franken computer it to get me a few more months out of it with me trying to buy a house and all, don't really have new computer money sitting around...

So I did what amy good little pirate would do...I have commandeered dads I pad. Mwahahaha, I actually really like it, but it wouldn't work for anything more than browsing the web and basic we games...I wouldn't be able to play my zoo tycoon or spore on this thing...

But still, until my computer comes out of surgery (or flat lines during) is will certainly do the job.

Just having lunch then it's out to do som grocery shopping, make diner and aquhazumba tonight :)

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
some good news...
dad performed surgery on the computer seems to have semi worked.

bad news...
one of the hinges he welded has snapped again...the hinges just keep seizing up...im pretty sure ill be lucky to get much longer out of this laptop. :(

we did go to best buy this afternoon and took a look, i can replace this laptop with a similar model for about $400...
or i can upgrade to an amazing one for $450
given $50 difference, ill probably upgrade.

i was looking at desktops but considering how and what i use it for, a desktop would be quite inconvenient...(and about $200 more for one)

in other news...
appraisal came back today.
the house appraised for more than the selling price so as long as the underwriter doesnt come across any problems...
we should be good to go.
*squee*
and in other good news, the appraiser took some phtos and in one of them the cabinate in the kitchen is open and inside the cabinate...WOOD FLOORS...
it looks like that sink base cabinate is just one long box with doors, theres no walls inside indicating cabinate units and theres no floor to the cabinate...and inside...WOOD...
so the ugly carpet will be comming up as one of the first jobs. Yay!
will make putting shelves IN the lower cabinates a little more difficult though LOL!

but yeah, apraisal came back good with some stuff that can be improved to raise the value even further.
so now all the info goes to the underwriter and we just keep the fingers crossed and wait.
there trying to puch this ahead quickly because the seller has given us untill the 7th of september...

so...in 2 1/2 weeks there abouts ill either be a new home owner or not...:barnie i dont know if i can wait that long, lol, hoping ill know by the end of next week as to whether were closing ot not and get an official number for the closing and downpayment.
looking at the GFE i see no mention of the downpayment, and USDA rural does allow for $0 down, if thats the case life will go a whole lot smoother as id have more cash on hand to build a cheapish fence for the dogs and move without having to put it all on my credit card.

excited!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
a little more progress on the house front.
my mortgage guy asked me for a copy of my green card, everything is getting submitted to the underwriter today, there putting a "rush order" on it too to try and get this thing seriously moving.

in other news the apraisal turned up a couple of repairs, a small patch of wood rot by 1 window, another patch by the back door, the light on the back porch is missing, theres no internal attic acess, the oven portion of the stove aparently doesnt work, and the water heater (which is nearing its end) needs a water catchment pan under it.

they presented to the seller and were a little worried...the seller is fixing everything on the report! hes fixing the 2 small rot patches (there literally the size of a quarter each), hes putting in attic acess in the halway (just a hatch as there is no headspace up there), hell either replace the light or at the very least cap the wires for the light on the back. hell either have the oven fixed or replace it (depending on which is cheaper) and is installing a pan under the waterheater (which may result in him replacing the water heater *fingers crossed* cause that would rock lol)

oh...and the money issue...
the gfe lists $200 to bring to the table (costs over the predetermined seller contribution for closing/pre-paid...) i asked about downpayment..they have pushed this through as a zero down!!!

this emans to me that i will be able to afford the moving van without hitting my savings or putting it all on my credit card...
*WOOT!*

so now its all in the underwriters hands.
*bites nails*

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thank you :)
i REALY apreciate those crossed fingers :D

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh goodness im going to explode, on friday my paperwork was submitted to underwriting with a rush order on it...
today i got a phone call but i missed it from my mortgage guy...

i called him back as soon as i got him but now im waiting on him to return MY call...

this is either good news, bad news or no news at all/needs more info...

:barnie