Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well in the fally they looked like at one point they were very nice varigated form (dark green center yellow edging) not sure exactly what subspecis, but by the time i got her ein october they were very washed out so more like a shade of sickly yellow green and cream... im hoping they will be a little happier this year, i put a good scoop of rabbit poop an dshavings in each new hole as i replanted them and loosend up the roots.
I love hostas once they mature, they can be so pretty in full foliage.
im hoping to eventualy get some golds and blues to go in thebed too just to realy set off the varigateds...

ive had good luck repelling deer with blending a couple of eggs and water (usally a 1egg to 1 cup) and spritzing it over the leaves, its not pungent enough to smell usually by humans but the slight sulfur smell and taste usually repels the deer. ive also had good luck hanging old CD's around the area i dont want the deer sniffing around...even better if they can actually swing/spin in the breeze. the deer dont seem to like the "flashing lights"

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well had another zombie dream last night...wtf with the zombies lately...zombe appocalyps has to wait some, my farms not ready to support me should the end be nigh, so NO no zombies allowed!

in other news, got to get my tuckus moving, its cleaning day and im finding my motivation lacking lol. oh well...time to hop to!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i need magical dishes...my least favorite chore is doing the dishes...
and its just me, so i can generally go a day or 2 between doing dishes, i then feel good after there done and put away then...like today 5 minutes later realize "i need to eat" and guess what...that means making dishes dirty! GAH! i only just finnished washing them and now im going to have lunch and put oen back in the sink! *doh* lol.
in good news, clean up chores are done for the day (other than beginning to re-fil my sink that is lol) birds, cats, fish, vacume mop, rabbit care...all done for the day so i cna just chillaz for now.

having 16 bean soup with rice for lunch...its good on its own but having the rice mixed in, its DELICIOUS i prefer the texture and its very filling :)

and realizing a few things
1: its kinda chilly today
2: i need more furniture for my livingroom
3: if i had the wolrds biggest kitchen...id probably still not have enough countrer space LOL!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
WOOT :celebrate
just got my order confirmation. barringunforseen circumstances Ducklings will be shipping out on Feb 20th...so they should take 1-2 days in transit, (im assuming 2 since there comming from LA) so Ducklings should be here in 2 weeks!

:weee

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
good to note on the egg/water mixture, I'll have to remember that. I just want to put up electric! Get them good once and for all!! LOL

I don't care for dishes, but I feel the same way about laundry... it never ends! I don't mind cleaning, but I wish things would stay clean longer than turning around once... drives me nuts!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well i got to hear Dozers Big Boy Unhappy grumbel tonight for the first time ever...
i dont know What spooked him but he was playing in the kitchen and sddenly comes running in to the livingroom growling this deep growl with the occasional "gruff" (growl/bark), fur up head low, VERY uncomfortable...
it was serious enough that i checked my locks BEFORE looking out the windows...
there was nothing there but he got a treat anyway, VERY intimidating sonds comming from my "little" guy!
(as a side note, hes 16 weeks and 35lbs at wednesdays weigh in...)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Pinky I'm with ya on hating to do dishes!

Dozer is so awesome! :love I love that furry little boy :D He's such a good dog :)

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
awesome and huge...
17 weeks old now...and just under 40lbs. hes still gaining on average 3 lbs a week which means he'll probably see 60lbs by 6months of age...
At that point he should slow down some but could double his 6 month weight by the 2 year mark when he finally finnishes filling out. i dont THINK hell be 120lbs...but he could make it there lol.

on the weight situation too...
ive bene dancing around the 160-163 mark for the past few weeks...my big goal was to get don to 165 so im past that and have re-evaluated, id like to see 150 on the scale...and you knwo what they say about those "last 10 lbs" well i thought my body was going to say screw it im done, im 1 1/2 years out from surgery now which is generally when most people can say "yup, im entering maintence phase" as the body realy slows...
now dont get me wrong, id be fine with that my goal loss was 185lbs total loss and i got there and feel geat for it...
but i also know my body, im not doing anything seriously focused on the diet right now, just making good choices when possible eating little and often and getting plenty of felathy fats and protein so...i figure if im not realy "trying" to loose and my body continues, then its not done and will stop when its ready...
i thought id reached that point when i stated boncing between 160 and 163...
well...stpped on my scale this morning...159 WOOT...
i set my next "big goal" at 150lbs...that would be a total weight loss of 200lbs...
im within a "normal" bmi right now...im being told 145 would be my "ideal weight" (but i dunno, well see what my body does when we get that far) i also do have quite a bit of excess skin, enough its causing issues...which i do have to make sure my doc gets on file as at least some of it will have to be surgically removed at some point) and they say you can expect to remove about 5-20lbs in skin depending on how much of an issue youve got...im thinking 5-10lbs for me, its not that much, and its mostly the belly overhang...
so at 150, i could probably come out at 140-145 after the skin removal.

i feel great, but i do have to put alot more work now into serioulsy toning and building the muscles, i excersize, but right now its nowhere neer enough to realy improve my system, it wont do anything for the skin now, but it will help in the long run if i have a strong core muscular system for it to cling to while trying to heal up.

*deep breath* what a journey so far, and next week is 18 months out...doesnt feel that long i can tell ya that for free.

not much on the pan for today, gotta get my butt in gear and feed everyone...(was feeling selfish this morning and fed myself first lol) kinda chilly out today compared to what it has been but i might get out there and finnish outlining and twisty tiling that front bed area (with gloves on this time lol).
im so excited for things to realy start growing, spring cant get here soon enough..
im OBSESSED with growing things...particularly flowers, so much so that i consider trip to the garden center therapy...my ssiter jokes about it...thinks im weird, she knows in order to cheer me up she just has to buy me a plant, or een pick a pretty flower and ill smile lol.
ahhh, spring fever!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a major accomplishment you have made!! I hope that you are so proud! We have started following the Primal Blueprint concept over the last year or so, and I really believe in his philosophies. It just makes sense to me. So moving around your property and house doing work is a really good thing to do. As he puts it, move slowly often, life heavy things sometimes, and sprint once in a while. I can SO live with that :p

Way to go! What an amazing journey!!