Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
*DOH*
neighbor comes over to ask for a ride...i told him i couldnt due to my back hurting (which it is and i was there with his son yesterda, if you need to go every day, they have a car make your brother in law come get you...) anywho...he goes "oh and i see youve started letting yor rabbits run loose?!

blink wha?
yeah the balck and white one...

nope...so i go out there and theres blackberry lay all sprawled out on the dirt looking at me like "look what i did" she managed to break the hinge on her hutch door and push it off and was aparently having herself a grand old time! told her to get home walked toards her and she ran to her house and umped in...so now thees a peice of wood wedged against it because i dot have any crews small enough to redo it...

Silly bunny!

i mean i know i keep talking about setting up the girls as a colony...but realy now, your ust going to take care of it yourself because im moving too slowly?!

silly bunny.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
she realy did, the good news is i play with my bunnies so much that i could have caught her if i had to lol, but she put herself back in her house.

well folks, decided im going to fill you up with pictures...

First, the linnies...

this is what they look like today :)
022.jpg

top is Pan, Dark green and likely male (though would need a dna test to confirm, linnies are sexually dymorphic to point but the differences are very subtle...ill know better when the feathers are in fully!

Middle is little Tink, shes the "youngest" and so tiny compared to the other 2 lol. shes a Lutino (yellow) and genetically has to be female lol

bottom is Sunny, i think shes the oldest, also a lutino and genetically female

Tiny Tink
009.jpg

Pan with his green cheeks
007.jpg

and Sunny!
002-1.jpg

then theres the puppies!

Zeus
chocolate and red spotted hairless male
this little guy goes home on the 24th! :D
010.jpg

Lil-Bit
Tri-Color, slate spotted Hairy Hairless Male
he hates the camera and is a serious snuggle bug!
018.jpg

Dot:
Chocolate and White Powderpuff Female
shes a sweetheart!
020.jpg

and Penny
Chocolate and White Powderpuff female
shes the crazy one, shes soooo playful!
019.jpg

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
They're cute, but what's on their ears?

Pinky, I like that idea for a pond. If I had the room, that's the kind I'd have. And, I'd have it w/one area for fish, and one area for me!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Pink, I am soooo jealous! You have baby birds AND puppies. Have you started hand-feeding yet? When can you start trying to sell the Linnies?

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
the white stuff is medical tape, cresites are born with floppy ears, but for show you want them standy upright, some puppies dont need taping some dont need taping long (like lil-bit, his ears are up and seem to be staying up) the powderpuffs tend to be the hardest because of the weight of the "fluff" on the ear. so you stand em up stick some paper or cloth tape over thefold to "flatten" them out and then you "taco" them (kinda fold them in half side to side and tape in a little tube..)
suprisingly the puppies dont seem to even notice lol.
its the equivalent of what people do to danes and dobies to get those sticky up ears but without the cutting/surgery/pain aspect. :)

im pulling the linnies tomorrow (the youngest will be 3 weeks :D) should be ready to go home late October...officially i could probably consider it mid october, but i abundance wean, so i always say longer so that the bird can tell me when they are ready...theyll gnerally wean themselves that way and i find it easier on the babies, less stessfull :)
i dont expect them to sell fast, theyre REALY hard to find down here so ive no doubt they will sell at what im asking...
the problem is finding the buyers, because there hard to find in this area people hae no clue what they are and think there just like budgies or something lol.

im excited to start hand feeding, first couple days will be hard as they adapt but ive seriously spoilt them already, i pick em up all the time and tlak to them so that there wont be quite as much stress pulling them to hand feed :)

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My word, Pinkie, talk about a cuteness overload post! :love

I like your pond idea, too! :cool: Eventually, we'd like to turn the small ravine/drainage ditch that's behind the camper into a pond. We'll have to build up the north end (which will be large enough to include a driveway as we would like to build a rock house further back on the land). Don't know that we'll ever get that far, but it's fun to dream about. ;)

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Definite cuteness alert--your birdies have grown so much since they hatched (!) and it's cool to see what the pups actually look like--they are adorable!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i love it when a barter works out.
my friend E. wanted her little cav. king charles groomed, shes a sweet little gal but very shy/timid but seems to have taken a shining to me...she said she could drop her off then would ehad into town for a few hours so i could work...didnt need much doing, a bath, nail trim and some basic tidying up around the ears chest taila nd feet...so instead of paying me cash i told her to buy the puppy shots for me (it worked out about the same price she was looking to pay for the grooming)
so she did...toked perfecty she was going into town anyway,the price was the same and it saved me the additional gas milage to go pick them up later!

the little lady was also real good in the tub and on the table so it worked out nicely. ill proably be ding her grooming every other month from now on (with occasional nail trims in between, he gives her momma hassle when she tries to lip her nails but was a doll for me so why bother stressing her if shell just let me sit down and do it.

so just finnihed up lunch, letting that settle, then potty break for the dogs then its rubies turn on the table, shes looking like a real scruffy monster right now.
once rubies done ill do jasper, hes quick and easy for the most part. and after that...if ive got time and my back will allow, dozer will also get a bath and a nail trim.

then tomorrow is puppy shots and tidy the house day, i hate doing shots lol.

thursday possibly tear down the shed day...

and friday i need to run down to selmer to make some copies, pick up some supplies...busy ret of the week i think :p