Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Well, maybe not yet, but give them time and they'll definitely be stinkers! :lol:

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i assume i had pygmys, what is the difference? all small goats i have seen were called pygmys.

they are soo very cute by the way!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
pygmy and nigerian dwarf origionated form the same african goat. both are Minature goats but they have since been split off into 2 types whihc then became 2 seperate breeds.
the pygmy is the traditional dwarf breed that most people know, they are kegs on legs, they are typically very heavy set for thier size, short thick legs short thick necks and thier heads often look too big for those short legs!
they were origially a meat breed...
if yu put a pygmy in a box it would have to be rectangular, they are longer than they are tall.

nigerians were developed for dairy so they are much more dairy 'proportionate" slimmer face, longer legs, put them in a box and it would be almost perfectly square being as tal as they are long, long slim necks...and very overall proportionate for thier size.

if you look at aspen te gold and white, hes got long legs, narrower chest and a much longer slimmer face.
Chino however looks a little like a chunky monkey, a slightly shorter face wider in the chest and alot less "ground clearance" on those thick little legs.
now chino is definatly ot pymgy...and compared to a true pygmy babie chino would look slim and tall lol, but hes efinatly stockier than a good nigerian should be which makes me think theres pygmy blood (or simply some genetic "throwback") giving him that overall stockier apearance

an adult pygmy buck:
sopgc%20wwfoutstanding%20copy.jpg

adult nigerian buck
GoatNigerianDwarf2.jpg

ault pygmy doe:
PAtMOR.jpg

adult nigi doe:
finesse.jpg

please note none of the pictures are mine, i took them off google just to give reference.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hmmm, might have to have you look at the pics i posted on my journal. or take some different ones. ninny (the little nanny) is very patite. she isnt super heavy.

Happy to be Me

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Yay on being able to get the front of your property cleared! :ya And the goats are adorable--I am SO jealous!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I agree, and that's why I've held off so long on doing the paperwork... But, I love the 'cross' and believe they will make great dual purpose goats, so I'm going with it.

Of the two doe babies (6 months old now - hardly babies) one is definitely more dairy-ish and one is more stocky and pygmy-ish. Both of them are considerably taller than any of my pygmies and still much smaller than the nubians. Guess that's exactly how they're supposed to be!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
definatly funny, just send me a link and ill take a peek :)

:D im smitten...
the only problem now is that im officially a worrying mommy...
i set them up outside, there inside the main back yard fence which is 4ft field fence with electirc on 2 sides of them, theyve got a dog house stuffed with straw to snuggle up in (and depsite it being cold out, i just took them their bottle and they were quite cozy) and then theres a smaller fence around that just to keep them in a smaller area when i cant supervise and to keep my dogs from playing chase the self propeled squeeky toys!...so i knwo there safe...
but im still going to be a crazy worry wart all night...i keep thinking ive got one more potty break with the dogs beofre bed and if there not looking cozy and content at that point ill bring them in overnight (i have a wire crate in the kitchen for them lol)
such a nervous nelly when it comes to my babies...heck i still worry about my older girls and there locked ina metal shed at night. people keep telling me "there behind electric you shouldnt worry about locking them inevery night..." but i will contnue to "barn" them up in the evenings...

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
these are what i have now, she is in the back of the first pic
4137_20121010144540.jpg

4137_20121010144349.jpg

4137_20121010144403.jpg

and this is mr. stinky
4137_20121010144430.jpg

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
the one in back id say nigerian dwarf more than pygmy or many a nigi x pygmy mix of some degree, the one in the last picture id say pygmy based on the head shape :D
cuties!

last night was uneventfull, the boys slept outside in thier dog house stuffed with straw and seemed to have no problems...so ll break down the crate and scrub the kitchen today lol.

got to run into town and pick up a pack of pritchard nipples...now they know what the bottle is im having to juggle them as i only have the one bottle with the pritchard...the bottles i used for the nubian girls, the nipples are just too wide for these little ones.
im also buying a printer/copier/scanner from wallyworld.
keep saying im going to and then never do...silly me! so im going to pay for it online then go pick it up (that way theres also no worris about the difference in sales price
and i need a set of hoof trimmers to do the girls feet, theyve been fine all summer but i notice this morning they are looking a little rough so its time to get them done before winter.

and yeah, then the rest of the day will be spent getting this place once again clean and tidy...which suprisingly this week its mostly the kitchen and my bedroom that need love.

dozer guy is supposed to start on friday so tomorrowill be donning the work clothes and getting out there with the camera for the before pictures and moving some stuff out of the way that i plan to keep. as pretty much anything left laying around is either going to get burried or pushed into a burn pile and toasted.
theres not much im planning to keep lol...
im excited to see what its all going to look like done. hes just taking out the brush and trash will be leaving the trees (assuming he doesnt have to take anythign out to get through) in place so itll still be shaed under there. eventually ill have someone come in and selectvely remove some of the many pine trees but i think keeping it shaded is going to eb the bet idea since itll be primarily for the goats.