Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Pin the Tail on the Spammers? :gig

I was gonna substitute Mod for Spammers, but I hate pain and needles! :hide

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I quit BYC because of the over haul. Why is it necessary to fix what ain't broke? We just need more to step up and start talking.
:thumbsup

kstaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
CheerioLounge said:
I don't know about that... This group doesn't seem like the toys type. Most of the longtimers are not looking forward to the overhaul!
That is still a loooong way off. Lots of things need to be addressed before that happens. For BYC it was a have to do before it melted down for good which caused the early and forced jump before all was really ready.

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
I was going to try starting a word game or something, but it just doesn't feel right here for some reason. If I want to play games I go to BYH! I've pretty much stopped going to BYC and that hurts, cuz I really enjoy most of the folks over there. I was trying to earn a greeter badge at BYC, but now it takes too long to post with my slow connection. I even switched to Chrome w/ ad block and turned off all the extras on BYC and it's still frustratingly difficult to navigate there!

kstaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
mrscoyote said:
I quit BYC because of the over haul. Why is it necessary to fix what ain't broke? We just need more to step up and start talking.
It is broken. You guys just don't see the bandaids and they are holding with a smaller user base.

Robs endless obsession with backups have saved these forums more times than you know.

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm just a simple sort and not big on change. It would be awesome if we could get more people to speak up and share. I am very much in the learning stage and am guilty of reading more than I post. If you want to know about life as a military wife I can fill you in, hubby just retired a year ago after moving us around for over 26 yrs. Now if we are talking ss stuff I need lots of help.

kstaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
When it comes to SS stuff I find most of us need help in one way or another. It is like sailing uncharted waters for most and learn by trial and error.

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
kstaven said:
mrscoyote said:
It is broken. You guys just don't see the bandaids and they are holding with a smaller user base.

Robs endless obsession with backups have saved these forums more times than you know.
I completely understand the situation... In this particular post, I was actually agreeing with the "step up and start speaking" part.

If the new software could be adapted to remain as simple in appearance and navigation as the current software that would be awesome! A lot of us SS folks don't have high speed internet connections on our homesteads and all the "bells & whistles" seem to be bandwidth hogs. Just my opinion.... I don't think it will be enough to make leave the group. It's the people that make the site, not the software.

kstaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
A light weight version is in the works. Just one of the long list of things being worked on.

I'm not on high speed connection either.

This computer is 8 years old.

Whole heartedly agree that the people make the community. The software just allows us to communicate the way we do. I am amazed at how many people now access this forum off their ipad or phone etc...