Pitiful.....

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
Cool on the light weight version!!

My computer is 8 years old too! I connect by tethering through an android smartphone. (Don't tell my wireless co!) The only high-speed out here is satellite for nearly 100.00 a month with humongous set-up costs or Wi-Fi that is a little cheaper monthly, but still has huge initial set-up cost. I could use the smartphone itself to connect, but my eyes just can't handle it for long! :old

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have read 3 pages of chatter yada yada. So off to bed.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Y'all started that way too late for me! I was already in bed sleeping-or trying to-when you started.

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
CheerioLounge said:
If the new software could be adapted to remain as simple in appearance and navigation as the current software that would be awesome! A lot of us SS folks don't have high speed internet connections on our homesteads and all the "bells & whistles" seem to be bandwidth hogs. Just my opinion.... I don't think it will be enough to make leave the group. It's the people that make the site, not the software.
I agree... I can't sit and wait for BYC to load (although really I used to just lurk there sometimes) on my dial-up now, and I'd be sad to not be able to come on here anymore. We're rural, and there's no wireless, no cellphone coverage, no high speed internet available... other than satellite which I refuse to pay that much money for... so I'm stuck on my dial-up internet.

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
kstaven said:
A light weight version is in the works. Just one of the long list of things being worked on.

I'm not on high speed connection either.

This computer is 8 years old.

Whole heartedly agree that the people make the community. The software just allows us to communicate the way we do. I am amazed at how many people now access this forum off their ipad or phone etc...
If they are able to do a "light weight" version, I think we'll be OK! :fl

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
CheerioLounge said:
kstaven said:
A light weight version is in the works. Just one of the long list of things being worked on.

I'm not on high speed connection either.

This computer is 8 years old.

Whole heartedly agree that the people make the community. The software just allows us to communicate the way we do. I am amazed at how many people now access this forum off their ipad or phone etc...
If they are able to do a "light weight" version, I think we'll be OK! :fl
Yeah that sounds like a winner! :D Hard work goin on behind the scenes :woot

MyKidLuvsGreenEgz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Boy am I late to the party!

I try to get offline before Hubby comes home from work. By then it's time for nighttime chores, dinner, rest, play with/train the dog and then early to bed. Cuz I'm old! Weekends I usually don't even get online at all, unless I've got a CL ad, like now (for goat doelings

Okay. Time for a snack!
:pop (Can we get one in here for something from the garden?!?!)