Pj homestead

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So glad you healed right up. I don't take that for granted anymore, since a friend of mine broke his leg in 2 places in a car accident. 4 years later and it still has not completely healed. He is insulin dependant, and got 2 separate MERSA infections. It was 2 years before the doctors finally thought he would be able to keep his leg.

Pjhomestead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I haven't been on for a few weeks. I dont usually talk about this very much but I have been struggling with mental illness for a few years. I'm still not diagnosed with anything official yet other than depression and anxiety. I'm on a waiting list for psychiatrists but the list is about 4 years long and I have been on the list for almost 2 years. Without going into details I had another nervous breakdown and when they happen I tend to go into shutdown mode for a bit and avoid everything and everyone. I have been seeing a physiologist actually I have seen a few in the past 2 years but I dont find it helps I actually find that I'm more irritate after my appointment then before.
Anyway enough of that. I'm back online and the projects continue. I am thankful for my wife and our animals as they keep me going and when my head gets to me being with the animals is the best medicine they bring me out of any bad mood or depression.

Pjhomestead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I added on to the truck cap chicken coop. It's now 4 feet longer and 3 feet wider. I just have to add some more roosts, some shelfs and more nesting boxes and the inside will be done. For the outside I'm trying to decide if I will paint it or put siding on it. I am leaning towards the siding as I have a bunch of used siding
20190609_184708.jpg

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's a long wait to see a doctor! Is your medical system run by your government? Not sure how Newfoundland handles such. It seems a shame that you cannot be seen regularly, sooner. Animals are huge in helping people manage emotionally.

Here in USA we have medical systems with a variety of independent (?) insurers, Medicare & Veterans of military. Medicare payments are government controlled but, you pay premiums & make own appointments. VA, you use primarily the VA doctors & facilities, all gov run -- they have waiting lists!

Your coop looks like it is coming along nicely. Keep posting, we care. Hope you are doing better now. :hugs

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
As my hubby says... "Everybody has a story to tell." In one way or an other, we all are faced with some sort of personal, physical, mental, or spiritual challenge. And those challenges can at times seem to be overwhelming. So, I offer you encouragement, and if you need to talk on a more personal level, you can send a PM.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
:hugs Glad you're back and hope you're feeling better! I struggle with depression and anxiety and have episodes where I shut down and withdraw too, though I kinda have to show my face and do my things, I know that feeling of just wanting to withdraw and keep quiet until it passes. So glad you have support in your wife and animals to help you. Big hugs.

Pjhomestead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Here the medical system is run by the government so depending on what care/treatment you need there can be a long wait. Some services are available privately but at a huge cost

Latest posts