Pj homestead

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Hope you'll get better soon and don't need more surgery!

Pjhomestead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Doctor was just in says everything is looking good and if it stays this way I will be sent home soon.

Pjhomestead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hopefully I will be sent home in the next few days. Looking forward to sleeping in my own bed and seeing the goats, lambs and birds, dogs, cats etc. I have day old chicks coming at the end of the month starting to stress that everything wont be ready when they come. Being laid up sure has set my plans behind schedule.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Fingers crossed you'll get to go home soon! Hospital stays suck and when you have things to do at home, I can understand the stress. Get feeling better quick :hugs

Pjhomestead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So they have increased the iv antibiotic to 4 times a day. And so far I'm feeling much better.
I have a new tom turkey coming tomorrow I'm not ready for him yet just called my brother he's going to go to my place in the morning and move everything from the feed shed to my tool shed so the tom can use the feed shed as a temporary home till I get home. I need to inclose an area with hardware cloth for him and the girls. Looks like this will be 1st project once I get out. My brother is going to stay for a few days which will be a big help.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I sure hope you feel better soon! I sometimes look around my place and wonder how long it would survive if I weren't here micro-managing everything, lol! Good that you've got your brother to give you some help.

Pjhomestead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I sure hope you feel better soon! I sometimes look around my place and wonder how long it would survive if I weren't here micro-managing everything, lol! Good that you've got your brother to give you some help.
We are always helping each other it's what families should but not always do. I had big plans for expanding this summer but now we have to slow it down. The wife and I will keep plugging away at everything but it will be a slower pace now. The greenhouse will still get done and the sheep barn will still get built but now I will have to purchase the lumber as I am in no shape to cut and mill right now. We will still have the land for the sheep and vegetable garden grubed when the excavator is here next month but the new veg garden will probably not get much more than that done for this season. But looking to next year it will give us a good head start for next seasons planting.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We are always helping each other it's what families should but not always do.
It's great when it works that way! We have a geographical challenge with one of my kids and my only sibling... The other kid does so much for me that I only ask him for what is absolutely necessary or he'd be here more than his own place lol!

Latest posts