Pj homestead

Pjhomestead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Our coldest months are February and March. It's May/June before it starts to warmup. When I was a kid it was different winter would start in October and end early june. Spent many a Halloween in a snow suit lol. Now the bad weather doesn't usually start till around Christmas. The amount of snow has decreased over the years we don't get anything close to what we once got. I remember snow up to the eves of the house now it might get waist high.
Our coldest month is usually February, if we get snow, that’s usually when we get it. March warms up a lot, then April, by May it’s getting hot!

Pjhomestead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sad day today. Our oldest dog Dakota crossed the rainbow bridge today. We knew it was coming but it was still difficult to see her go. We were with her till the very end.
She will be missed and the house will not feel the same for awhile. We had her from 7 weeks old to 14 years. She had a great 14 years and left us with many great memorie.

Rest in peace Dakota
20191204_172734.jpgFB_IMG_1575493002672.jpg

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A dog intertwines in the family and when gone, leaves a hole in your heart. I am sorry for the loss of Dakota, I know she is terribly missed.

Pjhomestead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Its another miserable day here the wind is howling and it's pouring out. So what do I do on a day like this? Cut a hole in the bedroom floor lol. 20191205_130649.jpg
There's been a soft spot in the floor that I have been ignoring for awhile so since I'm stuck inside today I decided to take a look. Turns out the plywood was rotten under where a window once was. Luckily the beams are still solid so I just have to frame out studs for a patch and cut out a bit of plywood to patch the hole. However this means I have to brave the elements to get supplies from the shed lol. But I need to go out and check on the animals anyway so two birds with one stone lol

Pjhomestead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It appears the bad weather finally broke we have a nice day 😀
20191206_100455.jpg

Discovered this 20191206_100418.jpg when I went out to feed the birds. The snow caused the netting over one of the turkey pens to tear. So I have a new project for today replacing the flimsy store bought netting with home made

Latest posts