Pj homestead

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The sun will be up I about an hour then the work begins... 9-10 foot high drifts...

I can't "like that post". But, I can empathize, even if I've never seen it that bad. Take it slow. This is a "heart attack" situation. Hospitals are often flooded with cardiac patients after snow storms. Platelets are at their "stickiest" in the morning, setting many folks up for a heart attack or stroke when they engage in the heavy work of snow removal. Poor body mechanics and the tendency to hold the breath when doing a lift elicits a ValSalva response, resulting in very high blood pressure. How do you eat an elephant? "one bite at a time". Take it slow, and if needed hire a bull dozer or front end loader to come in and clean you out.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I can't "like that post". But, I can empathize, even if I've never seen it that bad. Take it slow. This is a "heart attack" situation. Hospitals are often flooded with cardiac patients after snow storms. Platelets are at their "stickiest" in the morning, setting many folks up for a heart attack or stroke when they engage in the heavy work of snow removal. Poor body mechanics and the tendency to hold the breath when doing a lift elicits a ValSalva response, resulting in very high blood pressure. How do you eat an elephant? "one bite at a time". Take it slow, and if needed hire a bull dozer or front end loader to come in and clean you out.

we share the work if it gets to be too much. today Mom did a part and then i finished up. we both love the exercise.

Pjhomestead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The priority today was the animals. The goats and sheep were easy whatever the wind did there was none around the barn. The birds were different. All five coops are dug out now took most of the day but everyone is happy with full bellies. Tomorrow I'll work on the driveway then see what I can do with the road.

All you can see of the chicken coops is the netting over the run
20200118_093854.jpg

2 of the 3 turkey coops are in here. You can just see the netting.
20200118_124012.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The priority today was the animals. The goats and sheep were easy whatever the wind did there was none around the barn. The birds were different. All five coops are dug out now took most of the day but everyone is happy with full bellies. Tomorrow I'll work on the driveway then see what I can do with the road.

All you can see of the chicken coops is the netting over the run
View attachment 13063

2 of the 3 turkey coops are in here. You can just see the netting.
View attachment 13064

Those pictures make me feel blessed to be a southern :)