Plans/Goals for today??

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Husband worked hard all day getting the watering system for the garden set up so I ran errands and left the kids to him. Got some baby chicken food and then went to get horse food. Well, the feedstore had baby Bourbon turkeys on sale for 4.99 so I HAD to get some. Then I went to the store and stocked up on some sale stuff there. No wonder my husband doesn't let me out of the house alone very often....
Tomorrow I have to finish up the seed planting. I still have some peppers and just a few more tomatoes to get in the dirt before I start planting my melons. Hopefully, we have snow on schedule for next week! YEA!!!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
want to paint a sign advertising eggs for sale to put at the driveway.
I need to do this also. I scavenged a very sturdy old real estate sign today to repaint and turn into my egg signage.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Today was productive.....we moved 2 full truckloads of wood...planted 2 peach trees and 16 berry plants. Moved some older chicks to thier temp pen, cleaned it, and put the new baby ducks in there. ( just got the Khaki Kambel ducks today, 4, sooo cute) Tomorrow...build a roost for the young chicks....trim some trees...haul more junk from the barn and put the posts and wire up for the berry plants..... I hope. LOL

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Our day didn't go as planned at all yesterday! Insurance sent us an offer on the van, much better than we thought we'd get, so we spent the day looking for a new vehicle.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
My goal for today is to take down my Christmas tree and all of my Christmas decorations. (I am not joking, I am serious!!)

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Pam, don't feel to bad. Hubby says a lot of people keep the decorations up year long, and I don't just mean outside.

I don't know anyone who does this, but says it isn't all that rare to see. (He has to go in other people's houses to do his job). It isn't the elderly he's talking about either. At least you're taking yours down.

Today I cooked breakfast, did laundry. Rearranged my cabinets. FOUND THE MOUSE HOLE!!! Started on my first sewing project to learn how to sew. (I'm currently pausing due to frustration). Also cooked up 3 gallon bags full of pancakes and froze them for the rest of the week along with some sausage to go with it.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
day late answering what I did Saturday....LOL

in the fields much of the time.....stuff is growing now.

getting all my iron on my flatbed and hauling to the scrapyard next week to make money

cleaning out the garage so I can store veggies and make room for more working space for the markets

mowed the yard....haven't tackled the mess arouind the barns that is growing yet..LOL

busy day as usual