Plans/Goals for today??

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
So Spring is finally here, supposedly (we had frost last night :barnie ) and we've all thrown ourselves into some projects or tasks we want to accomplish....

So what are you wanting to get done today??

For us, clean up the house and we want to paint a sign advertising eggs for sale to put at the driveway.

I took 5 dozen eggs to the local feedstore already this morning.

I've 25 more chicks to move out to the outdoor brooder.

Clean out my flower beds.

Clean out nesting boxes.

Going to be a busy Saturday here!

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I'm down back murdering those awful multiflora roses, then I'm putting these big stumps around the area and making a spot to put all the litter from the coop in there - time to clean out the coop, and I don't want to lose all that nice manure. That's the goal today - and it'll get done if my back will hold out.

Hubby is burning all the branches that came down over the winter, and I'm tossing the dreck I'm dealing with right into the fire. Plus I'd digging out the roots if I can get them out. That way they are truly gone.

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
We're getting rain today, so about all that I'll get done is starting some Cucuzza seeds. Then, i believe that I'll fire up the grill, sit then on the porch with a couple of chicken breasts and some veggies cooking, and watch the rain. :)

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
I borrowed Db's electric miter saw to cut the cherry crown molding for the fireplace mantle. I figure this will take me most of the afternoon with practice pieces first and the four precision cuts later. Boards are 10' long so it is an outside job.

I will trim and tie my grapes and plant the cuttings to propagate more of the Gewurztraminers. They made a good juice for breakfasts.

The foot bridge over the creek in our ravine needs replacing. I've already hauled the timbers and lumber down to it this week after work and just need to screw it together. Unfortunately I forgot to charge the portable drill overnight and this may or may not get done today. Depends if it charges by 5 or 6pm.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Today is same ole same ole.... laundry, bake bread, housework, barn work. Where spring comes in to play--I have started on my painting binge again. DS's room need to be painted, our bedroom and bathroom, main bathroom and foyer/hallway are all slated to be painted this spring. I have already started the prep work in DS's room.

Right now the bread is rising, but as soon as it is out of the oven, I am going to a local farm to buy flour. Here's the website: http://www.thethibertfarm.com/index.htm

I plan on talking to him a bit, too as he is just getting things swinging.

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Today got totally out of control. The plan was to do laundry and tidy the house.

Instead I spent the majority of morning and afternoon stuck in traffic and at the store. I needed to replace my mixing bowls and cutting board and run a few other errands.

I really hate going into town on saturday! What was I thinking?!

I'll probably hang out just 1 load and tidy the house and do the rest tomorrow.

A special dinner for DH who has had a bad day at work is coming up tonight.Fresh salad, baked potatoes, homemade rolls, porterhouse on the grill (his favorite cut that he never gets) and to top it of, homemade red velvet cake is in the plans.

Gotta get crackin!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Nice day here, cool but sunny.
Already went to DS's lacrosse game...now it is time to get to work!
Gotta tidy up the house, start some pizza dough, get laundry rolling, take the chicks out for some fresh air, clean out brooders (ARGH... ducklings!) and I would like to put together a little raised bed to start some seeds in and transplant a few things that I have already started. I have a ton of nice round rocks around...I am thinking I will use those to create a raised bed and just dump a bunch of soil & amendment inside. I am just looking for something quick and easy!

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
I had two customers vehicle to work on today, then I did few more little details to the Chicken Tractor. Then I reworked my oil transfer pump that I use to transfer my waste motor oil into my larger storage tank. Next project is to get the waste oil furnace up and running.
I am now reading a few web sites. :D

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well my day is mostly finished. Started the morning with a big cup of joe. :caf Watched the sun rie on a nice mild sunny day.
Washed laundry, dishes, made beds then I cooked breakfast. Went to the feed store this am and picked up 22 golden sex links. :clap I would have bought a few more but it's all they had. Went to the cub scouts pine wood derby races. Controlled chaos at its best.:barnie Came home watered the veggie patch, collected the eggs checked on the little peepers, moved the wash. Cleaned the inside of our fifth wheel. Need to use it next weekend for a night away from home. Now its dinner , dishes, bed baths for the kids. Maybe if I can get to it I will tidy the house.

Tomorrow I am baking cheese cakes I am donating to a fundraiser next weekend. :love Kinda got a bit more involved than I wanted but it will all be over soon.

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Today we spent working in the yard. There was a pine tree that had been cut down when they moved the house in and the jungle next to it had grown around it. That part of the jungle is gone and so is the pine tree :clap and I have started on the original. I'm not sure what kind of bushes they are but there are way to many. I probably won't be able to get out of bed in the morning - my muscles are already achy.

I washed and hung a couple loads of laundry today.