Plantar Warts

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
recently have soaked some feet in water with some added white vinegar (probably can use cider vinegar too if that is all you have). measurements not precise but perhaps a cup to a gallon is about what we've been doing.

after soaking as long as it takes to soften up the plantar warts and callouses that seem to form around them then i scrape as much of the dead skin away, that seems to be what causes so much of the pain involved with them when they get bigger. soaking once a week or twice a month was helping faster than once or twice a month. i think with our last round i didn't find any plantar warts any more. will keep this up for a few more months just to be sure.

the reason for doing this this way was because there was no tolerance for the smell of the wart remover goop and someone suggested this alternative method.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
recently have soaked some feet in water with some added white vinegar (probably can use cider vinegar too if that is all you have). measurements not precise but perhaps a cup to a gallon is about what we've been doing.

after soaking as long as it takes to soften up the plantar warts and callouses that seem to form around them then i scrape as much of the dead skin away, that seems to be what causes so much of the pain involved with them when they get bigger. soaking once a week or twice a month was helping faster than once or twice a month. i think with our last round i didn't find any plantar warts any more. will keep this up for a few more months just to be sure.

the reason for doing this this way was because there was no tolerance for the smell of the wart remover goop and someone suggested this alternative method.
Milkweed seems to work for me.

https://search.brave.com/search?q=milk+weed+warts

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Only plantar wart I ever had went almost half an inch into my foot. Podiatrist showed me when he cut it out. Got it after stepping on a goat head thorn. Healed quick and only left a small circular scar.

Hubby had one lasered off his foot back in the 80s. He said it wasnt that big of one but he has this huge square scar on his foot. Well they told him it was a laser.

Something simple would have been good to work on his. I'll keep the vinegar in mind if I or my nieces have any issues. I think I may be the only one who runs around outside barefoot, though. My brothers are raising city girls.

I wonder if the vinegar would help on hubby's skin build up issue. He only has it on the toes some, unlike my Dad who gets it all over his. Hubby has sensitive on his feet and cant handle my rough way of removing it. The joys of getting older.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Only plantar wart I ever had went almost half an inch into my foot. Podiatrist showed me when he cut it out. Got it after stepping on a goat head thorn. Healed quick and only left a small circular scar.

Hubby had one lasered off his foot back in the 80s. He said it wasnt that big of one but he has this huge square scar on his foot. Well they told him it was a laser.

Something simple would have been good to work on his. I'll keep the vinegar in mind if I or my nieces have any issues. I think I may be the only one who runs around outside barefoot, though. My brothers are raising city girls.

I wonder if the vinegar would help on hubby's skin build up issue. He only has it on the toes some, unlike my Dad who gets it all over his. Hubby has sensitive on his feet and cant handle my rough way of removing it. The joys of getting older.

soak them a while with the vinegar water. it takes different people different amounts of time to soften up the dead skin/callouses. Mom it takes a few hours. me i'm ready in half an hour. i just scrape the areas with my finger nails or the large nail clippers work well as they have a sharp enough edge to take off a few layers. i don't use a pumice stone or anything else. sometimes a lot will come off for me just by rubbing with my fingers. i have a few areas that always need it (even if i don't wear shoes for a week). sometimes it goes in stages where there won't be much and then it will be like all at once a lot comes off (even on the ends of my toes of all places).

i don't go barefoot outside (too much gravel here for that), but i always wear my mud shoes working in the gardens and then change back to my other garden shoes to walk on the pathways (where i don't want the mud to get in the rocks).

once in a while i soak and bleach them but it is probably not often enough. i do not get warts in general but i do get some thickening callouses and a few times i've found what looked like to me some plantar warts wanting to form under them but i get them removed as soon as i notice them and that seems to keep them from spreading around.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well my horrible mistake. I could have sworn he said laser. It's much, much worse. They used an X-ray on his foot to burn it off. Just above his heel on his right foot.

20230210_184357.jpg

Latest posts