Pleas, pray for my mom

cknmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I just got a call that my mom is in icu. She has been sick for a long time but the drs. don't seem to do much for her. Hopefully she will get better care there. I don't know when i can go see her, we live a couple hrs away. I don't drive and dh is at work over an hr. away. I was told not to come now, they are just evaluating and watching her. But last year when my dad was in icu, i didn't even get told until he was so bad he was on oxygen and couldn't talk anymore! I was only able to go stand by his bed and hold his hand a few times because my step mother and her children wouldn't come out of the room to let me and my sister in to see our dad! I don't want that to happen again. My step fathe is supposed to call my sister when he gets to the hospital this morning.

Please pray for her!

Monica

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Oh, :hugs

Bring a small overnight kit when you go, toothbrush, snacks, water, change of shirt and undies, etc. I have spent overnights in ICU waiting rooms, and the nurses turn a blind eye to visiting hours and will come get you in the middle of the night if you tell them to. They will even tuck you in with a blanket on the couch....and you won't regret it. If you can manage it.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
:hugs Hope everything turns out ok for your mom. If there is hogging going on of the time allowed in the room let the nurses know & they can kick some out so you can go in.

nmsunrise

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Bless your heart. I'll be praying for you too, Monica. Take care.

Natalie

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Your mom is in my prayers. I hope that you are right and she will get the care she needs now.

Stay strong!