Poison Ivy

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Homesteadmom said:
Arkansas City. We had 2 seperate farms right outside of town near the OK border.
I know the area. I have a good friend in Winfield, and sometimes we attend the bluegrass festival over there.

I live east of Chanute. Grew up in Yates Center.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
We lived there till I was 9 then moved here(dad was transferred here by Skyline). We lived just right down the road from the Indian School(can't remember how to spell it, but I can pronounce it!!) My parents & 3 children went back there almost 3 yrs ago now & they had remodeled the old farm house. It used to be an old plantation style & they took the porch with the big white columns off. The house was built in the 1800's. I had always hoped that if I got to move back there it would be for sale & I could afford to buy it. But now that it looks so different I don't think I would want it. I was actually born in Blackwell.

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Homesteadmom said:
We lived there till I was 9 then moved here(dad was transferred here by Skyline). We lived just right down the road from the Indian School(can't remember how to spell it, but I can pronounce it!!) My parents & 3 children went back there almost 3 yrs ago now & they had remodeled the old farm house. It used to be an old plantation style & they took the porch with the big white columns off. The house was built in the 1800's. I had always hoped that if I got to move back there it would be for sale & I could afford to buy it. But now that it looks so different I don't think I would want it. I was actually born in Blackwell.
Nice to meetcha. :frow

Latest posts