Poll on laundry soap

eggs4sale

Lush who can't use a cheese grater
Reaction score
Dace said:
Soda ash at Jo Anns? Sodium Carbonate in the pool dept at walmart? Hmm...ok I will renew the hunt!
I'm not sure if anyone has told you this yet, but the washing soda comes in a box labeled "Pepperidge Farm Double Chocolate Milano". Apply liberally.

You're welcome.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
:lol: :gig :lol:

Oh, she is just toooooooo much! :clap :gig

Yes! Whatever SHE said! And if you need help with your laundry after purchase....call me! :D

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
eggs4sale said:
Dace said:
Soda ash at Jo Anns? Sodium Carbonate in the pool dept at walmart? Hmm...ok I will renew the hunt!
I'm not sure if anyone has told you this yet, but the washing soda comes in a box labeled "Pepperidge Farm Double Chocolate Milano". Apply liberally.

You're welcome.
Ooo, your bad!! :drool

"apply liberally" :lol: YES 'EM!!

calicokat

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I'm so excited! I found the washing soda today at Kroger's! I've mixed up a double batch and can't wait to do some laundry tonight !!

~kat

calicokat

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
AWESOME! I have done some of each person in our house's laundry and the homemade did great!

I also scooped out a pint jar for Gr'ma. She's on a fixed income and the only family member who has expressed intrest in it. And a pint jar for my "Chicken Lady" neighbor. She just sent her son over tonight for more and a list of the ingredients -- we have another convert, LOL!!

Thanks ladies for the awesome info :)
~kat

the4heathernsmom

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
o.k. I would like to try this. I need a LOT of soap. I do on average about three loads a day in a front loading washing machine. We have lots of whites and lots of stains (4 kids). I tried a homemade recipe last year for liquid and ended up with an ooey gooey mess that wasn't worth the trouble and smelled bad. I have seen zote bars at store here, I use borax anyways, but the washing powder i have not seen. Wal mart is 35 miles away so I only go every couple of months there so what I have are dollar stores, brookshires grocery mom and pop places hardware stores. Can you give me a potent recipe to use for dry soap? I think we may have hard water cause the girls and I use conditioner the water leaves our hair dry and rough feeling if we don't. No orange water or stains or anything like that. We are economically challenged in abad way so I was referred to this site from byc forum to try and get ideas to help us....this is my first post here and I will be reading throughout the evening. Any suggestions? Thanks!!!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
:welcome Hey, BBH! What are you doin up so late? :D

the4heathernsmom, you may have to wait until the regular crowd wakes up to get an answer about your dry mix. I have only ever used the liquid and love it. Never used the Zote soap, but my mom has and she didn't like the consistency or smell when she used that soap either. We stick with the FelsNaptha now and it smells great!

Welcome to the community! :)

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
:welcome Hey, BBH! What are you doin up so late? :D

the4heathernsmom, you may have to wait until the regular crowd wakes up to get an answer about your dry mix. I have only ever used the liquid and love it. Never used the Zote soap, but my mom has and she didn't like the consistency or smell when she used that soap either. We stick with the FelsNaptha now and it smells great!

Welcome to the community! :)
I've been painting like a maniac and give myself breaks here and there. I'm just eating dinner!!

Sounds like you had a nice weekend with your ma and sisters. See ya later!