POO to gas!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I think if the price increased slowly without TONS of other price increases hitting everywhere I wouldn't be so shocked in the wallet.

But when it all hits at once, it just is OW ya know. all the budgets have to be rearranged big time to afford life. sucks huh but what can ya do. adapt and survive as with anything

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
ORChick said:
Maybe some of the Canadians could chime in here ... to make those of us south of the border feel a bit better ;) Or are you all laughing too hard to type?
I live about 2.5 hours from the border with Maine... and it would probably end up being worth the drive if I could buy gas for less than $3.50/gallon :)

We're currently paying about $4.72 a gallon here. It costs hubby $22 to drive to work and back each day, 6 days a week.

We're trying to buy a farm so we could both find ways to work from home... me drawing portraits, him doing airbrushing... and making our own food in the yard... we'd hardly have to drive anywhere.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hwillm1977 said:
ORChick said:
Maybe some of the Canadians could chime in here ... to make those of us south of the border feel a bit better ;) Or are you all laughing too hard to type?
I live about 2.5 hours from the border with Maine... and it would probably end up being worth the drive if I could buy gas for less than $3.50/gallon :)

We're currently paying about $4.72 a gallon here. It costs hubby $22 to drive to work and back each day, 6 days a week.
We're trying to buy a farm so we could both find ways to work from home... me drawing portraits, him doing airbrushing... and making our own food in the yard... we'd hardly have to drive anywhere.
Holy Crap!! If we had to pay that, we'd starve to death. No, we'd be unemployed! I just asked DH (who knows the cheapest places to get gasoline in his travel area) - he said gas was $3.02 today.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I figured it cost hubby about $55 per week to drive to work only. 4 day work week

$22 a day is yikes.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Just saw people today protesting a possible gas tax hike here, looks like it would raise prices by 10 cents or more per gallon.
Fun fun...

Latest posts