1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official SS Poll: What do you do to eliminate bills / cut down expenses?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. 2017 BYC Calendars- ORDER NOW!
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. SS Featured Thread: What's your fav. deer rifle?
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice
  5. SS Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Porch daily firewood rack

Discussion in 'DIY - Do-It-Yourself Projects, Construction, Etc.' started by Joel_BC, May 18, 2017.

1. May 19, 2017 at 1:15 PM
    Beekissed

Beekissed Mountain Sage

Sure wish I had the capabilities to do welding here! So, so many projects that can be done with that. I love the way you designed that rack, Joel....room underneath for shoes, an ash bucket, a cat bed, etc.

I love things designed for ergonomics and that rack seems to be just that...high enough off the ground for good access without breaking your back and high enough for dual storage. Excellent design! :woot

Joel_BC and tortoise like this.
  2. May 20, 2017 at 4:15 PM
    Joel_BC

Joel_BC Almost Self-Reliant

I wonder if there are opportunities for you near home? I can think of a couple situations I've seen here & there... Night school or weekend courses (and access to equipment via schools). Shared-use facilities open to the public, often involving a membership of some sort - such as what is called a "maker's space". You need instruction for the safety & the how-to at first... then it's just a matter of practice & your skills improve. You can pick up many tips & refinements via Youtube.

There's no doubt that women can learn to be good welders. They did it as a job in the factories & shipyards during WW2. And many women now are learning through ag-mechanics courses, or art-school classes, etc. You wouldn't need to own the equipment necessarily. A lot of people develop a relationship with a school & afterwards can get access to the equipment at times.

3. May 21, 2017 at 2:26 AM
    lcertuche

lcertuche Almost Self-Reliant

:thumbsup Nice job! Welcome back. I'm probably too new to know you but "Howdy".