POS/Price of silver... Update

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
$32.80 the last time I checked. If it holds, that adds another $1400 in value to my metals on the week. :D

Over that last 100 years, due to its use in industrial production, silver has become more rare than gold. That being the case many are predicting a very bright future for its value. It's going to be interesting to see what happens.

lighthawk

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Same here. If it keeps going like this I could be debt free next year. :fl

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I bet hubby gold would be $1500 or higher by June. He thought I was nuts. Now he still thinks I am nuts, but is starting to pay really close attention to prices :D

I haven't seen a single silver dime or quarter come through the register in months. Even the number of real copper pennies has dropped lately. I still skim those out daily.

And after years of always having more nickles than we knew what to do with, suddenly we keep running out.

Looks like more and more people are saving valuable coins. While bad for me :D it does show the people in my area seem to have some sense.

Since money is tight around here, I am buying nickles when I can. No extra cash for silver.

lighthawk

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The way the metals are moving we may see 1500 by the end of the month,
I buy twenty dollars worth of nickles every time I cash my paycheck, some folks have reported being charged a premium for buying large quantities. Nothing like that here yet.
A few years ago I used to throw all my pennies in the "take a penny, leave a penny" tray. Since I stopped doing that and rolling the "junk" pennies I realized I was giving away about $8.00 a year. That is not even counting the copper ones I saved.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
We have a carnival glass candy jar we throw all of our change in to save it. It get full a couple of times a year. Last time I took in to be counted there was almost 200.00 worth!! It is almost full again. I reckon this time I should pick out the nickles and any real pennies in there.......

lighthawk

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
We have a carnival glass candy jar we throw all of our change in to save it. It get full a couple of times a year. Last time I took in to be counted there was almost 200.00 worth!! It is almost full again. I reckon this time I should pick out the nickles and any real pennies in there.......
Definately! Currently a nickel is worth 7.1 cents. A penny minted prior to 1982 is currently worth 2.95 cents. That is purely the value of the metal comprising the coin.

http://www.coinflation.com/

While you are at it make certain you are not turning in ANY silver coins minted prior to 1964.