POS/Price of silver... Update

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
With lead...... you can get as much silver/gold as you want.

PERSONALLY?

I like to EAT and drink.....

Just sayin'.....

Sumthin' to think about. :D

Holachicka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
The pennies that are higher value are 1982 or older. Those are actually copper. They are currently worth 2.7 each, not $2.95.

Dimes and quarters 1964 and older are silver. Dimes are now worth $2.85. Quarters are worth $7.13.

Your 1973 half dollar is worth 50 and losing value every day. If it were a 1965-1970 it would be worth $5.83 because it would be 40% silver. If it was 1964 or older it would be worth $14.25

Your 1878 dollar is worth $30.47

http://coinflation.com/

Some people sell them on ebay or to coin dealers. You will not get the full value if you go to a dealer. They have to make money too.

Many people are using gold, silver and other metal coins to preserve their wealth. Even if spot metal prices drop, the coins still retain face value.
DANG IT!!! I thought I was rich! :lol:

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
With lead...... you can get as much silver/gold as you want.

PERSONALLY?

I like to EAT and drink.....

Just sayin'.....

Sumthin' to think about. :D
You can probably figure that anyone holding a substantial amount of gold and/or silver will be better armed than most. It would probably be best for anyone to not count on the whole loot and pillage thing as a viable way for building ones portfolio.

As for eating and drinking, anyone whole buys metals at the expense of more basic preps is a fool. They are out there, but I doubt there is a large number of them. If they are smart enough to protect their wealth, then they are probably smart enough to protect their wealth.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
I'm thinking about turning in a few broken earrings and stuff like that while the price is still good, and using it to get a few more practical supplies. I'd rather have a few more tools and similar items.

MetalSmitten

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
dragonlaurel said:
I'm thinking about turning in a few broken earrings and stuff like that while the price is still good, and using it to get a few more practical supplies. I'd rather have a few more tools and similar items.
unless they're huge earrings, you still probably won't get very much for them. =/ have you weighed them to figure their value?

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
They don't weigh much, but getting rid of something I can't use to get something I can still makes sense. I'll be way ahead on the money too since I bought this stuff many years ago- when it was cheaper. Buy low - sell high.