posts/likes/editing seem to be going faster now

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Often, the problem is so slow that when I type the letters don't appear, then they begin to -- as if I was hitting keys with one finger. So slowed I think I haven't even typed. WEIRD. Not every day. So, could the server be a cause?
I've had that happen a couple of times also.

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm having problems often with the emoji's. I will be writing a message or PM, and try to insert an emoji, and it will show up in the middle of a word or sentence, but very often not where it was intended to be. Has anyone else had this issue, or is it just me? It happens both on my computer, and with my phone, and happens frequently enough that I know it is not just fat-fingering on my part.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
NOT just you!!! Then it frees the computer for awhile after.

FRUSTRATING !!!!!!!! Notice most have pretty much stopped the emoji use? Well, I'm certain these issues are why. PIA

Only since the update. NOT good.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I don't like the new emoji choices. And response is so slow when I submit a post that I wonder if it's been lost in cyber space. It often won't show up until I move on to an other thread, then come back, to find that it has posted after all.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
please add what devices you are using to your comments because i've not seen any of those things myself, so i'm suspecting it is for people using mobile devices or older devices. the more information you provide the better chance @Nifty and others have of figuring it out... when i type an emojie it happens right where i type it. i'm not using a drop down box or list though very often, i use the list at the ends of posts to "Like",etc. but i don't know if that is a problem for others or not. it isn't for me.

the slow response time may be dependent upon a lot of factors including some which can't be controlled by the site itself (shared hosting plans sometimes can be affected by what other sites are being hosted on that same system that may not be at all related to the site itself). i.e. busy neighbors... since i don't know any of this site's hosting details i can't say much more in specific... i can only guess. :)

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:frowThanks @flowerbug, and I am sorry I don't add that information. My computer IS old, it's an old Dell, but I am mostly computer illiterate, so I am not really sure I know what information is needed. My phone is an android. But, these issues have ONLY shown up, on THIS site (and not other forums I am on) SINCE the upgrade. This happens with the emojies whether I am on the computer or on my phone.
For example: I JUST clicked on the waving emoji. It showed up at the START of this message, but it should have shown up AFTER the word phone in my last sentence in the last paragraph. Sometimes it is in the middle of a word. Sometimes it is in the middle of a different paragraph. Sometimes, it is actually where I wanted it to be. For a long time, I thought it was just me, since I really do not spend a lot of time on the computer. This happens a LOT!
I understand people are working hard to upgrade the system. And I appreciate all that they do. But for me, it has slowed things down, and I have to keep fixing things in my posts (like where the emojies show up), and I have almost no patience with computers to start with. This was my main forum, but the upgrade has me avoiding the forum. My fault, I agree, but for me, it has not given me an extra reason to post.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
ok, thank you, i don't see issues with moving emojies or them showing up in odd places because i don't use them that often other than ones i know how to type as i'm going. when you are clicking are you double clicking when one click might be enough? i'm being curious here because that is the type of thing that may move the cursor around in some cases and not others.

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@flowerbug , no, I click on the emoji picture and the box drops down. I click (once) on the emoji I want. But most of the time, the first time I click on it, it will show up in the wrong place. So I have to get out of the emoji box, return to the message, find where it got inserted, click on the space past it, backspace to erase it, find the spot I was originally, click on it (again), open the emoji box, click on the emoji. It will usually show up in the right spot the second time around, but it is a hassle to go through all of that to add an emoji Yes, I can just type the message without emojis, but I can often save a bunch of words by using an emoji, which is especially nice if I am trying tap out a message on my phone. It does not matter if I am on my (new) phone or (old) computer; I still have the issue.:barnie(This time it showed up where it was supposed to!):clap