posts/likes/editing seem to be going faster now

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@flowerbug , no, I click on the emoji picture and the box drops down. I click (once) on the emoji I want. But most of the time, the first time I click on it, it will show up in the wrong place. So I have to get out of the emoji box, return to the message, find where it got inserted, click on the space past it, backspace to erase it, find the spot I was originally, click on it (again), open the emoji box, click on the emoji. It will usually show up in the right spot the second time around, but it is a hassle to go through all of that to add an emoji Yes, I can just type the message without emojis, but I can often save a bunch of words by using an emoji, which is especially nice if I am trying tap out a message on my phone. It does not matter if I am on my (new) phone or (old) computer; I still have the issue.:barnie(This time it showed up where it was supposed to!):clap

yay! i'm not seeing this problem here. i just tried to put a dozen emojies in what i've been typing and each of them appears where the cursor is located. i'm using a keyboard and a desktop machine though and not a mobile device.

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks all! We're trying to find any consistencies that will help us isolate and fix the problem.

For example, if it's specific browsers? Times of day? Geographic locations, etc.

One situation: I'm trying to map server performance to when peeps are having problems. It would be easy if there were clear server CPU / Load spikes when peeps are reporting problems... but no correlation so far :(

Also, if everyone's problems / issues were the same... but not so far :(

We're still digging around. The one thing we've noticed is that the problems seemed to really stand out on mid-day 11/8, and unfotunately we can't map that back to anything we changed (server, software, ads, settings, etc.) anywhere around that day.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thanks all! We're trying to find any consistencies that will help us isolate and fix the problem.

For example, if it's specific browsers? Times of day? Geographic locations, etc.

One situation: I'm trying to map server performance to when peeps are having problems. It would be easy if there were clear server CPU / Load spikes when peeps are reporting problems... but no correlation so far :(

Also, if everyone's problems / issues were the same... but not so far :(

We're still digging around. The one thing we've noticed is that the problems seemed to really stand out on mid-day 11/8, and unfotunately we can't map that back to anything we changed (server, software, ads, settings, etc.) anywhere around that day.

at the moment things seem to be more responsive. we'll see how this post goes. but "likes" have been snappier. yes, this post went faster too. :)

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
THIS morning, I used several emojies in a pm. :weee I was using my phone, but there were NO problems today. I'll check on my computer later today. I'm not sure what changed, but everything was working right and quickly on this site on my phone this morning! Thanks!! :thumbsup

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i understand frustration of this sort of thing for sure...

it took some extra time today to bring up the alert bell. i'm not sure about the rest of the site so far. we'll see if this posts ok. 15 seconds or so to post... edit and save went quickly enough (three times :) ).

likes have been running at about 5-7 seconds this morning, which isn't too bad compared to before.

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I actually went to work for awhile this morning and got on my lightening fast work computer. Things were still slow. Not as slow as my laptop at home, but slower than other websites. :hu

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
feeling snappy this morning! :) seems like new posts and likes are happening faster. not sure if anything has been changed at your end of things or it is just the time of the day. i've been a bit too busy with other things recently to notice how it has been going otherwise (during the busier times of the day on-line)... still wanted to pass along a thank you if you have made changes. :)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Still not seeing emojis show up where I hoped they'd be. No matter how many times I try to insert them into the appropriate place, they wander up the page and appear in decidedly inappropriate places.....like a laughing emoji where a hug of sympathy should be, etc.

Especially in PMs.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Still not seeing emojis show up where I hoped they'd be. No matter how many times I try to insert them into the appropriate place, they wander up the page and appear in decidedly inappropriate places.....like a laughing emoji where a hug of sympathy should be, etc.

Especially in PMs.

PMs? oh, ok, i think i know what you mean, in Personal Messages? Bee, what kind of device are you using? desktop, phone, newer or older? when you go to put an emojie in are you making sure to not tap something more than once? sometimes if you tap too much that will move the cursor location and if you are on a touch screen type of device i suspect it might be so sensitive that it is picking up that as a click when it isn't intended. since i don't have a touch screen type of device to test this theory i can't be sure, but if you have one look into seeing if there is some way to set the sensitivity for when it decides you are clicking or not and adjust it to be a bit less sensitive. that is all i can think of at the moment to try for those who are having this issue.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
at the moment things seem to be more responsive. we'll see how this post goes. but "likes" have been snappier. yes, this post went faster too. :)

So that's why I got a bunch of likes all of a sudden :) fyi... emojis and most everything else is grayed on on android / chrome

Screenshot_2019-12-12-15-15-21.png