posts/likes/editing seem to be going faster now

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
PMs? oh, ok, i think i know what you mean, in Personal Messages? Bee, what kind of device are you using? desktop, phone, newer or older? when you go to put an emojie in are you making sure to not tap something more than once? sometimes if you tap too much that will move the cursor location and if you are on a touch screen type of device i suspect it might be so sensitive that it is picking up that as a click when it isn't intended. since i don't have a touch screen type of device to test this theory i can't be sure, but if you have one look into seeing if there is some way to set the sensitivity for when it decides you are clicking or not and adjust it to be a bit less sensitive. that is all i can think of at the moment to try for those who are having this issue.

Just a PC and I'm using a cordless mouse, so no tapping of screens here and not hitting them twice. And the emojis aren't showing up twice, they are showing up three paragraphs above where the cursor is sitting when I try to apply them. Never had that issue with the old site or any site, for that matter.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Just a PC and I'm using a cordless mouse, so no tapping of screens here and not hitting them twice. And the emojis aren't showing up twice, they are showing up three paragraphs above where the cursor is sitting when I try to apply them. Never had that issue with the old site or any site, for that matter.

is it newer or older hardware?

thank you for what you have said as that will help them figure it out. :)

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
So that's why I got a bunch of likes all of a sudden :) fyi... emojis and most everything else is grayed on on android / chrome

View attachment 12840

That's super odd. I have an Android phone and all the icons show great for me. What type of device are you on and which browser are you using on your phone?

It looks like you might be in "BBCODE" mode. Click the little gear / settings icon and see if that toggles you back to the regular editor.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That's super odd. I have an Android phone and all the icons show great for me. What type of device are you on and which browser are you using on your phone?

It looks like you might be in "BBCODE" mode. Click the little gear / settings icon and see if that toggles you back to the regular editor.

chrome browser

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

Yep... That worked - thanks. It's kind of odd it wouldn't show those by default though, isn't it?
Screenshot_2019-12-12-20-46-46.png

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Glad it worked!

It actually isn't the default. It must have got switched somehow on your device.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My biggest frustration now: When ever I click on the bell in the top right black bar, an ad drops down which obscures my access to the drop down menu there. Granted, new posts can be accessed from the left side of the screen, but the constant onslaught of ads which cover this section of the screen is infuriating.

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
My biggest frustration now: When ever I click on the bell in the top right black bar, an ad drops down which obscures my access to the drop down menu there. Granted, new posts can be accessed from the left side of the screen, but the constant onslaught of ads which cover this section of the screen is infuriating.
Thanks for letting us know! Can you grab a screenshot and also let us know which browser / version you are on, and we can work to duplicate it and get it fixed?