potatoes and onions...

ashylove1

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
ok, so i am trying to get my kids to eat this stuff. they hate it. but other than basic recipes i am at a loss as to what to do with it all. i keep seeing people dehydrating the potatoes and onions, and i can figure out how to do that, but am lost as to the using it all after. anyone have any recipes or ideas they are willing to share? i do can a bit too if there are any recipes for that too...

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Corn chowdha, clam chowdha, seafood chowdha and potatoe soup. Those are some ways we use up our supply. MY little one hated onions for the longest time but after eating a nice corn chowdha she loved the P&O after. :love It's a slow process but is worth it when you find recipes they like. Good luck :)

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
My mom was one of those "you'll eat what I serve or you won't eat at all" moms. At the time I hated her for it, but I am so happy now. Thanks to her, I am not afraid to try new things. Let me tell you, I've eaten things I never thought I would!

S

sunsaver

Hash browns, vegetable soup, scalloped potato casserole (potatoes au gratin), beef stew, mashed potatoes, potatoes and corned beef, just to name a few. I use onion in almost every recipe so naming them is a waste of time!:lol:

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
CheerioLounge said:
My mom was one of those "you'll eat what I serve or you won't eat at all" mom's. At the time I hated her for it, but I am so happy now. Thanks to her, I am not afraid to try new things. Let me tell you, I've eaten things I never thought I would!
I was raised in the "eat it or wear it" atmosphere. We all ate it!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I always let my kids decide they didn't like something-after they tried it. If they said they didn't like it when it was served for dinner-w/out tasting it I didn't make them eat it, but guess what they had for breakfast the next morning. :D

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
My favorite way to eat potatoes and onions is to fry them up together in a cast iron skillet with butter!! :drool

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Porcupine potatoes....a kid favorite. Plenty of ketchup on the side....kids love anything in ketchup.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
CheerioLounge said:
My favorite way to eat potatoes and onions is to fry them up together in a cast iron skillet with butter!! :drool
Along w/bacon! :drool

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
My DD 14 hates onions, but if I fry some diced up potatoes with onion, she'll pick the onions out to eat, then eat her taters :lol: My recipe is one potato per serving cut into 1/2 inch cubes, a little olive oil in a cast iron skillet, a good sprinkle of each of these: salt, pepper, chilli powder, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder, and a medium diced onion. It tastes similar to spicy fries without the spicy. It's the ONLY way I can get my brat to eat a good bit of potatoes besides plain old french fries :/