POTUS Impeachment Trials

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hard to miss something that hasn't happened yet, lol. Conviction only comes after the Senate tries the accused. The process hasn't gotten that far. You've got the cart ahead of the horse a little bit.

At the federal level, the impeachment process is a three-step procedure. Only the first step has been taken.

I'm familiar with the steps, but what has the POTUS been convicted of is my question and by what evidence. So far I've seen nothing and there is no evidence to support the articles of impeachment. With Clinton and Nixion there was evidence to support the articles of impeachment. Where is the evidence for the Trump impeachment articles?

I say this not to be combative, I say this because I'm very concerned for the country. In the USA you are assumed innocent until proven guilty. Read the 6th amendment to the united states constitution. It's a right afforded to every citizen.

"Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors." Implies a law or laws were broken. So I ask again, where is the conviction of any law broken. I have seen nothing as of yet.

Can anyone point me to where the POTUS has broken any law (high crime or Misdemeanor) or committed any act of treason or performed any act of bribery? If so, please show me the evidence.

Last edited:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
@wyoDreamer as someone not in favor of Trump, I too would not feel comfortable supporting a business that spreads propaganda (especially hateful propaganda), and especially unrelated to their products! I would also not hesitate to take my business elsewhere and inform the business exactly why! Even though I probably agree with everything they are saying, the hate and division is unacceptable.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've seen numerous elections and I've never seen the rabid hatred that I've seen during this presidency. Some people were even calling for Trump's impeachment before he had taken his oath of office! Almost every other president has had to deal with people not liking them and/or their policies, but not like this. I just haven't seen anything that would indicate that Trump is any better or worse than any others, from BOTH parties.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've seen numerous elections and I've never seen the rabid hatred that I've seen during this presidency. Some people were even calling for Trump's impeachment before he had taken his oath of office! Almost every other president has had to deal with people not liking them and/or their policies, but not like this. I just haven't seen anything that would indicate that Trump is any better or worse than any others, from BOTH parties.

I could not have said it any better myself even if I thought long and hard on it first.

I really hope everyone understands the DANGER this will cause. It will set the course of history. All I can say is the democrats better damned well have evidence beyond a reasonable doubt. My fear is if they don't this impeachment will rip the soul of this country right in half and it will take generations to repair.

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I did not vote for Bill Clinton, especially on his "tax the rich" campaign of fools. Haha, taxes went up for the middle class, as anybody with a job was rich. Anyway, even though I didn't like him, I thought his impeachment was a load of crap. He lied about an affair. So did John F Kennedy and probably hundreds of others in the upper echelons of our hallowed halls of gooberment.

All this impeachment process, to me, is a waste of time and tax money. Election time is not that far away, if Trump is so hated, let the voters vote him out.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Read the 6th amendment to the united states constitution. It's a right afforded to every citizen.
I'm quite aware of rights granted by the 6th amendment.
I'm familiar with the steps, but what has the POTUS been convicted of is my question and by what evidence.
I have a Paralegal degree and I think that is what is causing my concern with the word "conviction." The most common use of the word conviction comes at the conclusion of a trial (or impeachment). There has not been a trail, therefore there has not been a conviction.

POTUS has not been convicted of anything at this point.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I did not vote for Bill Clinton, especially on his "tax the rich" campaign of fools. Haha, taxes went up for the middle class, as anybody with a job was rich. Anyway, even though I didn't like him, I thought his impeachment was a load of crap. He lied about an affair. So did John F Kennedy and probably hundreds of others in the upper echelons of our hallowed halls of gooberment.

All this impeachment process, to me, is a waste of time and tax money. Election time is not that far away, if Trump is so hated, let the voters vote him out.

"Election time is not that far away, if Trump is so hated, let the voters vote him out."

Bay, that would just make to much sense... Your assuming, common sense is as common as cornbread but Washington is short on common sense. Besides they already know they can't beat him, so they must impeach him.

Rep. Al Green: "I'm Concerned If We Don't Impeach This President, He Will Get Re-Elected"

Do they know or even care about the seriousness of impeaching President Trump and what it will do to the country? That's what concerns me, like I said before, this is targeted at the soul of this country and the ramifications are HUGE! I fear this will create a wound so deep, it'll take generations to heal.

Last edited:

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
You know, the real enemy here is the mainstream media. No real journalism really. Yes, in the past newspapers were unabashedly partisan and that was well known. People knew what they were reading. The Civil War newspapers floor me. Now, we get to see daily montages of talking heads on multiple channels using the same exact catch phrase each new day

We watch the local news which glosses over the national headlines.