POTUS Impeachment Trials

bambi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I will be listening and I will be watching how the questions will be asked, I will be watching faces for tall tale signs of deceit. I do not allow Any news media and certainly not MSNBC, FOX, CNN... I will rather be informed by my own mind and knowledge. I did watch it without any commentator tell me what I heard and I feel this is the way it should be done and only then will I decide. I am so saddened that our brother's sisters, neighbors are so busy pointing our fingers at one another saying you are a Republican, you are a Deomocate when without each other we do not learn may I add we can learn from one another, brilliant minds out there Where is our respect for one another? Yes CC we should all be on our knees praying. I apologize if I insulted anyone, that is not my intent. Turn off the background noise and turn up your inward radar. Thank you for allowing me to post. Now I feel better LOL

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I am glad it is being done, but doubt there will be much outcome, no matter the decision. I remember Clinton's impeachment and it was.... dare I say nearly a non-event?

I think Trump is a national embarrassment. I'm appalled that I have neighbors who voted for him. I didn't vote for him.... or Hillary. No way! I voted for someone who I thought is qualified and not corrupt. Interestingly, I actually agreed with most of Trumps written platform. His approach to diplomacy is terrifying.

Both parties have gone too extreme, it's a political nightmare. We need for people to be unafraid to break party affiliations and vote their conscience rather than their fears. On both sides! I'll vote for candidates of different parties on the same ticket. Lately, the most moderate politician who ran the cleanest campaign gets my vote. Run a dirty campaign? no vote for you!

We need people to get involved in their local politics. I follow representatives closely, even those I didn't vote for. I follow what's going at state level and share my opinions and gratitude. I am not fond of the finger pointing on either side. It's actually possible to disagree without blaming the other side. Our political systems NEEDS disagreement to function, there's nothing wrong with different of opinion and there's no reason why disagreement needs to lean to extremism.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This is not an impeachment trial. These are simply hearings that may or may not lead to a trial. If it gets to a trial he won't be removed from office - because of party politics.

I will not get into Trumps politics because I can't get that far in my assessment of him. I don't care if he's Republican or Democrat. In my opinion he is not a worthy human being - much less worthy to be the representative of our country. Also agree that he is an embarrassment to our nation.

Grab women by the ?????? Make fun of disabled. Insulted the family of someone who gave their life for this country while he couldn't be bothered to serve because of a "trumped" up diagnosis of heel spurs. These things are not invented by the other party. They are facts. I saw him do it - I heard his hateful words.

He is racist, misogynist and not only accepts violence - he encourages it. What kind of example is he for the young and impressionable of this nation? If my children were small I would never let them listen to him speak.
We need for people to be unafraid to break party affiliations and vote their conscience rather than their fears.
Amen!

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am sick and tired of the corruption on both sides and want term limits. The President has term limits to prevent the office becoming a dictatorship. The Senate and House of Representatives need term limits too. The only way to get some of the worst of the worst, most corrupt OUT of office is for them to die. I can't believe people vote for the same-o same-o and expect different results. These people get elected, are paid their salaries and can some one explain to me how they become wealthy millionaires? There should be a 2 term limit. Period.

Haha, then people would actually have to think for themselves and vote for somebody different rather than the same, corrupt, self serving thief over and over.

bambi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
This is my take on our government and we the people as the jury. It is from the movie Chicago but I think it speaks volumes how easily we can be distracted.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My dislike of Trump stems from the 80s and 90s when he was an example in our school economics classes of how not to run a business. You can only run a business like he does if you have connections that will continuously bail you out of your bad decisions. He learned all that from his father, though. We studdied him as well. Any normal business would have been under permanently and quickly.

I'm an independent. Both side have good and bad as well as a seemingly increasing amount of radical morons.

I think kids these days need to have nuclear blast drills like I had in school. The major dam next to us along with the one of the army chemical weapons dumps and a nuclear powerplant used for enriching just up river made us at risk if the cold war ever went hot. Put some real fear of how politics can effect their life.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am sick and tired of the corruption on both sides and want term limits. The President has term limits to prevent the office becoming a dictatorship. The Senate and House of Representatives need term limits too. The only way to get some of the worst of the worst, most corrupt OUT of office is for them to die. I can't believe people vote for the same-o same-o and expect different results. These people get elected, are paid their salaries and can some one explain to me how they become wealthy millionaires? There should be a 2 term limit. Period.

Haha, then people would actually have to think for themselves and vote for somebody different rather than the same, corrupt, self serving thief over and over.

I guess I would like to understand just how does a career politician become a multi millionaire? I should have become a politician :(

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Interesting chart - it's from 2016: